tug a truck section

I watched tug a truck in Eaton last night, it was a good show, would have liked to seen a few more trucks though, i think there was only 10 or 12 diesels. I do beleive i heard them say next year they were gonna have a 10,000 dollar payout for first, that should surely draw some more trucks out, heck might even draw me out lol

Wow another sport that pays more than Drag Racing :hehe: I remember watching the rednecks around my home town do this and it just made me laugh, but I suspect if you guys are building nice trucks to do these tugs and it's bringing in good money then it's not to bad of a idea.

are there any safety rules? i dont see any driveshaft or u-joint shields.

Garrett

Nothing mandatory yet, I run them on my truck, a few of the guys that do pull constantly run them. That is one rule i think would be nice, but at the same time that would kill the average joe's dd that wants to play. I will say one thing, most of the events around here have concreite barrier's that go down both sides of the pad to keep driveline parts out of the crowd.:Cheer:

Hey Hitch, you find me another set of rims for my dually and i'll drag my wagon around with them......Or....just have to get a new set of treps.....lol
I wonder if tony is getting tired of running my mud grapplers....two out of the three times he used them he broke something in the front axle. I think its time for a D60

anyone ever seen the vid of two jacked up CTD's with slicks just with the foot on the floor and he sprays nitrous or something and it blows right there on the spot? i saw it once it was pretty cool, but now i cant find the vid.

Nothing mandatory yet, I run them on my truck, a few of the guys that do pull constantly run them. That is one rule i think would be nice, but at the same time that would kill the average joe's dd that wants to play. I will say one thing, most of the events around here have concreite barrier's that go down both sides of the pad to keep driveline parts out of the crowd.:Cheer:

k-rails arent going to stop every piece of shrapnel from an exploded u-joint. a lot of those trucks are really tall, the pieces could go anywhere.

Garrett

k-rails arent going to stop every piece of shrapnel from an exploded u-joint. a lot of those trucks are really tall, the pieces could go anywhere.

Garrett

I agree, its not going to stop everything. Most trucks that compete are not very tall, out here, i mean 6 inch kit is the tallest normally. But you do have a few exceptions at every pull. I would like to see driveshaft loops and u jiont shields, but just worries me about off the street truck participation. Right now we are averaging around 70 trucks or so per event, and i feel that one of the main reason it is growing so rapidlly is any truck can play.

Wow another sport that pays more than Drag Racing :hehe: I remember watching the rednecks around my home town do this and it just made me laugh, but I suspect if you guys are building nice trucks to do these tugs and it's bringing in good money then it's not to bad of a idea.

Thats no sh!t either, its the only motorsport with trucks that pays the money back!!, they are right next year at eaton ther will be a 10,000 purse between 5000 6500 and 9500 lb classes! and thats just an example of how this sport is starting to get..

I do agree with the u-joint shields, and ds loops. I have em and a few others do.. I wounldnt be suprised to see that rule being mandated.

and trust me boys if you entered your truck in a event like this you wouldnt be able to do it just one time!!!

I agree with Lance.....once you do it, you want to do it again!!!!!

Kraig, I think I might be done tuggin for the year, between my front locker and how well it did on the sled......I might just have to hit up a few more before the end of the year!!

o common now shaw. Look at me. I have a detroit that never stays locked and i still pull. Plus theres not to many left.

Kraig, for the first time that truck went down the track hooked to a sled and won by 5ft.....so i'm most be doing something right on that side!!! lol

Do you have to prove you have no high school diploma to compete in a tug of war? Or can you just show them a receipt from purchasing a WWE pay per view????

Back