tug a truck section

I feel like we are starting to lose the purpose of this thread. I understood that CompD was the Elite website for Diesel Motorsports where members can ask and answer questions and get ideas for their builds. The start of the thread was asking for a tug-a-truck forum, not about it if it's for teethless rednecks. I'm sure the majority of the same crowd that watches a sled pull will pay to watch a tug-a-truck.

Just because one thinks the sport is "gay" or dumb", that doesn't make it that. I'm sure a die hard sled puller wouldn't waste his time to go to a drag race, but he respects it as a motorsport. I'm sure back in the day Nascar,drag racing, Monster Trucks, and sled pulls were frowned upon, but those have turned into multimillion dollar industries. Lets just call it Evolution, this could be the next thing....who knows?

wow there sure has been quite the stir about tug-a-truck, but to each their own I guess...

Hopefully tug-a-truck will attract all the drunken irresponsible rednecks so I can enjoy a sled pull without disturbance...no wait, it'll just breed more.

yeah I would,I just dont for see whats so wrong about it..I mean usually most people into a diesel motorsport will support it weather it be : drag racing & sledpulling. and would try to stand behind a new up and comming sport...I have all but about gave up sled pulling due to the cost factor..IE say you have 60,000 in your 2.6 puller,on most occasions if you win the pay out may be 2-500 bones..unless you goto TS or SDX where its a bit more. with tug-a-truck you can take a stock truck put traction bars on it make weight and go have fun, and possibly win anywhere from 800-5000.00 bucks plus a free set of tires...

all Im saying is yeah you have your rednecks everywhere you go, some more than others. but just because its a tug-a-truck and may sound redneckish dont mean it is. and usually most of the people that are pulling in these events arent die-hard rednecks, they are simply out to have fun...

Hopefully tug-a-truck will attract all the drunken irresponsible rednecks so I can enjoy a sled pull without disturbance...no wait, it'll just breed more.

it dont matter where you go, you will always have the few that will rain on the parade!

If there are midgets on TV I'll be at Dad's watching! Yall can do what you want. I don't like it, just not my thing. But I'm not gonna try to stop you!

My only real issue with it is that we are already fighting the image of diesel motorsports being inbred toothless rednecks. Tug a truck isn't helping...[/QUOTE]

Ive been to several brush pulls & several tug-a-trucks this year and its the SAME crowd, in fact if anything the tug-a-truck was more organized & they had a better payout. So i don't see how this is gonna "hurt" our sport if the same kinda people that go to truck pulls are going watch tug-a-truck

I guess I just have a sour taste in my mouth for people that hook straps and chains around here. Pure rednecks in piece of schit trucks that run around yelling " hook a chain to it "

it dont matter where you go, you will always have the few that will rain on the parade!

I'm sure they is some diesel owners that want to race on the street too and piece of chit trucks that try and sled pull and talk crap. I've seen it, but it still doesn't leave a bad taste to me for those sports.

Bus, I see your point, but like everything, a few will always try to ruin a good thing

Im not a Tug-a-truck guy but I went to the dirt track drag racing and stayed for the tug later that evening....

For those not around the sport there is a big difference from this:

tug_a_war.jpg

To an organized event with lines painted on the Concrete Pad with staging lights to start the tug.

Tugatruck.jpg

Coming from a Drag Racer, there really is potential for tug a truck to find a big following.

Lavon

From the outside in,,,,Ya it LOOKS Redneckish....But i will say, its come a LONG way from some drucks in a dirt lot, to the concrete padded, staging lights and stands!!!!

Although its not around my area....yet....I can see it comming in a few spots! Ive known it out in Lima and surrounding areas and its pretty big. Although it can and does attract the same crowd that tears up SDX and TS for the rest of us.

But what pull or drag race doesnt? Any event id gonna have those people we all dont want there........

But I will say, i wonder what they would think about if I rolled up in my DT466 Powered 93 Dodge?????

HAWG bring that thing on out would love to hook to it with the 6.0 oops i mean its not gonna be a 6.0 no more lol.. visit Home Page this will be the tug of the year not to mention NADM will have the sled pulls friday nite!!!!

thankyou mr.lavon it certainly has come quite a ways really. scales, set hitch height dot approved tires...and so on..

tug fest will have dirt drags on friday, friday nite will be nadm, dyno will be running, saturday some other "STUFF" will happen and then the tugs will happen!!!

its a shame that the sport is in a small concentrated area and nobody really understands how organized and big the events are i used to think it was retarded to do untill i tried it and then i was hooked im sure it will spread to other areas, as said before most all the people around here that go to the truck pulls go to the tug a truck, im building a purpose built 12v truck just for it i also sled pull and drag race, they all have there place

its a shame that the sport is in a small concentrated area and nobody really understands how organized and big the events are i used to think it was retarded to do untill i tried it and then i was hooked im sure it will spread to other areas, as said before most all the people around here that go to the truck pulls go to the tug a truck, im building a purpose built 12v truck just for it i also sled pull and drag race, they all have there place

we went to the off road challenge in troy, oh and sidney, oh for the mud bog. we were up untill 2 in the morning watching the tug-a-trucks and had a blast. it was the first time we seen it in person and now i wish they would:rockwoot: start doing around here.

I have some friends and family coming out to try to watch an event with-in the next month from IL. They have seen videos from many of our events. Started taking and showing the people they sled pull with and mud bog with, so now they are going to make a trip here to OH to see one in person and possible try to get it started back there:Cheer:

I think there was close to 60 pulls this year covering Western Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Eastern Indiana. Some guys show up with everyday drivers, others might have $10k or $20K in a purpose built truck.

The pic that Levon posted was an early picture shot. I know once the sun went down they didn't allow anymore spectators in the infield because it was too full. Where was the last sled pull that they sold out of pit passes? Not bragging, just saying it's becoming a large motorsport.

So how many of you guys are going to make it down to xenia on saturday for the tug?

Back