My p pump swap.

My hands arent designed for places like that. The only extensions I had to use are those ones with the collars that slide to lock the socket on so they wouldnt fit.

long 1/4" drive extension, swivel/universal joint, and a paper towel to stick in the socket, push the nut in and tear it off so the nut stays int he socket.

i dont have sausages for fingers, i have kielbasas, so i have to figure out ways to do this with tools and not my hands.

I've got skinny arms and fingers and that nut was still a mf'er.

Oh ya, the injection lines are a pos. Scheid should be embarassed.

ok next question. What should i torque the nut to on the pump drive? I've heard anywhere from 125ft/lbs to 175ft/lbs??

Im thinking im gonna do what pete too and grind a straight groove in the shaft as well

I've got skinny arms and fingers and that nut was still a mf'er.

Oh ya, the injection lines are a pos. Scheid should be embarassed.

The #2 that was with my set, I think is on Yoshi's set now. Looked like they made the line for an engine 3" taller than mine.

Whoever makes those needs to be fired.

Yes 225 ft-lbs, the stock nut is ok but a wider nut is best. I get the wider nuts at my local Deutz/Agco dealer, they are a wheel nut or something, maybe Chris (Signature600) can find them.

ok before i tighten down my gear nut how do i make sure im as close as possilbe to tdc? I got the marks lined up on the crank and cam gear, and i pulled an injector and stuck s screwdriver down the hole and go it right on. Am i good to go?

What you did will be as close as you can get it without a dial indicator, even the timing pins on the 12v engines can be off TDC a slight bit.

it just put it on TDC before i took the vp44 off and kept it there when i put the p7100 on and marked the ppump gear.

got some bad news....broke my timing pin off tonight. Just the pump mounted all up and everything and shoulda had it running tomorrow and now this

The pin you use to pin the timing on the p pump is the one I broke off...so now I gotta take the pump back off and shake the plastic pieces out.

Back