My p pump swap.

Anyone have another place to get that m16x1.5 1/2" fitting at? The place TJ posted up has a 20.00 dollar limit that you must spend. I just need the one fitting.

You have a local hydraulics shop? I went to about 6 in the city, only one had metric to JIC fittings. Used a 14mm to -6 JIC, then a -6 to -8 to adapt to my inlet hose.

gonna put my 40psi spring in my airdog today. Where exactly is this spring located at?

ok another question.

I put my push rods back in and rocker arms on and started to adjust my valves, only did the first two. Just wondering if there can still be some play in the push rod like between the adjustment stud and tappet? if that makes sense.

Also whats the best way to find TDC? Right now i just took a screwdriver and stuck it down the injector hole and got it as close as possible. Thanks for the help

I put mine to TDC while it wad apart and scribed a line on the gear.

getting some more done. heres a few more pics

Ppumpandgolf021.jpg

Ppumpandgolf022.jpg

Ppumpandgolf023.jpg

Ppumpandgolf024.jpg

Ppumpandgolf025.jpg

So far the most frustrating thing of the whole project has been the fuel lines, spent nearly 2 hours today trying to get them right and where i wanted and im still not happy and some wont even screw in the head all the way. Taking them off again tomorrow and gonna try tweaking them again, i cant believe scheids cant do a little bit better job on them...

The lines will be a PITA the first few times. #'s 5 and 6 will be the worst. Once you have them on and off a few times they arent so bad. A few weeks ago they took me an hour and I got them on in a few minutes today.

I forgot to say if you are handy with a sawzall I can send you some pics that will make the pump mounting bolts ALOT easier.

I forgot to say if you are handy with a sawzall I can send you some pics that will make the pump mounting bolts ALOT easier.

Maybe i should come show you how to turn a wrench pete? LOL

In all seriousness though i already got them all tightened up without cutting anything, just used a swivel on my socket along with a magnet to get it start on the nut and it wasnt bad at all. Cutting anything was my last option

And can anyone answer my question about my pushrods, a few posts up

If you mean up and down play I would see how adjusting them wouldn't take that out.

If you mean up and down play I would see how adjusting them wouldn't take that out.

Yea its up and down play when they are set correctly. I just didnt remember if they were like then when i took it apart or not, just wanna make sure its normal

Maybe i should come show you how to turn a wrench pete? LOL

In all seriousness though i already got them all tightened up without cutting anything, just used a swivel on my socket along with a magnet to get it start on the nut and it wasnt bad at all. Cutting anything was my last option

And can anyone answer my question about my pushrods, a few posts up

The real *****y nut on the pump, you should be able to get at it from underneath the pump. I guess if it depends if you have sausages for fingers though.

Just make sure all your pushrods are seated in the tappet, and then lash all your valves. They should be close, but don't assume they are. If the rocker is pressing against the bridge, then there will be a little bit of play between the rocker and the push rod, assuming that its on the base circle of the cam.

Back