off road exhaust?

Off road as in "not intended for highway use" or as in tampering with federally mandated vehicle emissions equipment? :st:

Well, SawZalls rock, but if you don't manage the DPF sensor for one - you'll have to deal with the CEL. $.02

Well i have been dealing with a CEL for the past month on and off again. There is a problem with the censors in my exhaust. Thats proly why Cummins has a data ac. box in my truck right now. Just had a nother CEL this evening. I told the guy at Cummins not to be shocked if i comeback with a straight pipe. I am currently trying to figure out how to fool all the bs under there.

i took the stock filterback off my truck and it constantly ran in regen, so i put just the muffler back on to creat just enough pressure to not run in it. w need something to fool these things quick, i want to smoke the interstate.

I would like to be the first to know about this fooling issue, i have a sawzall and a welder ready!

The muffler shouldnt cause any issue. It is a through flow muffler so it doesn't create enough backpressure to cause an issue. I have been running with out a muffler since i bought the truck. That was about 10k miles before i had dpf problems. currently have 20k on it. FYI.

First thing I did was have the muffler taken off. I have not had any dpf problems. Just a couple of egr cooler valves replaced. More than likely going on a third unless my dealer ever figures out the latest flash that people are talking about.

i took off EVERYthing behind the DPF, thats why there wasnt enough backpressure, i put the muffler section back on just to keep it out of regen constantly.

Back