Higher Milage TDIs?

Love my 98 jetta, It has 148k miles I bought it from the original owner. Its had two sets of brakes counting the factory set and one caliper. I drive mostly city, and have gotten 51 mpg once. I usually get 46-47. Love this little car it will rust in half before it ever dies. Then I will repower something with this motor.

There is no telling how many miles are on my 1986 2dr Jetta. Bought it used this year from an older guy, who had purchased it from a younger guy. Had swapped in a gas speedo at some point with 170k on it trying to get the tach to work it appears. . It doesn't. Odometer only works in the mornings since the gears are shot in it. Just put new glow plugs and all new shift bushings. Car starts perfectly, and is reliable. I drive the wheels off the car and average 42 mpg.

Check for rust on the inner wheel wells. Bought mine from wisconsin and the drivers fender rusted through the back. Other than that, great car! I replace my glow plugs every fall since its cheap and easy.

Check for rust on the inner wheel wells. Bought mine from wisconsin and the drivers fender rusted through the back. Other than that, great car! I replace my glow plugs every fall since its cheap and easy.

Never hurts to pull both fender liners and clean out behind them, There is usually 6" of wet nasty stuff back there causing the fenders to rust.

I want one. Miss the wife's 03 wagon TDI. I think after I do injectors on the truck I will save up for a TDI.

Back