Looking For Imput

SlushBox

Ok guys I’m stumped and looking for input. My truck will just randomly die like the key was shut off, then come back to life. Will idle with no issues for hours with out any problems, but when I start to drive it will do it with no consistency and no engine codes.

Things I have replaced

1: TIPM
2: WIC
3: New Keys

Have went threw check grounds, Bulk Heads, and beat on Modules with no luck. Thinking I could have a bad ECM.

Thanks!:nail:

Unless they can duplicate the concern, they won't be able to fix it, and a dealer can't just check and ecm out on a tester. Do u have any scanners ?

And to be more clear it does it enough I can’t drive it. So it not like a once a day thing it’s a lot.

Could it be grid heater related? Headlights on +Grid heater = under voltage (9Volts?)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Could it be grid heater related? Headlights on +Grid heater = under voltage (9Volts?)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don’t have a grid heater/fuel heater. It’s all tuned out and it never losses voltage. I watched the voltage on solus to ECM and ABS when it would mess up. It happens so fast that it drops to batter voltage 12.9 but right back up to 14+.

You don't happen to have the TC lockup shorted and as soon as you put it into gear, it kills the engine? Does it do it in reverse as well?

See this diagram for oscilloscope
6a53ca68a1c1eb3b16b488e53c4e645e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You don't happen to have the TC lockup shorted and as soon as you put it into gear, it kills the engine? Does it do it in reverse as well?

I’m running a 618 stand alone so my transmission has no communication with my ecm. Why it’s programed as a manual. But there is no consistency to it happening. Some times it will do it before I get off the gravel, sometimes 1/2mile down the road and so on. Some times I can get it to do it sitting there if I rack spool it like I were to launch it.

See this diagram for oscilloscope
6a53ca68a1c1eb3b16b488e53c4e645e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ya I don’t have one of those or know anyone who does. Can I swap out ECM with my brothers truck and see if that fixes it, or do I have to have vin flashed for it to run?

If u have a DVOM with a good sampling rate you could prolly catch it. VREF is a 5 volt reference voltage the ECM put out for engine sensors,( ecm makes this voltage from the 12 volts it receives from the battery) if vref spikes to 0 when the stall occurs the ecm is going offline.

Back