efi live injection event removal

i believe it does cool things off a bit. i read that you can get rid of it but then you add duration to the main injection event to compensate for the minimal power loss and then some.

I removed it, got lower EGTs, lower smoke output, less injector noise...etc.

I have all but forgotten it ever existed!!

~Les

I removed it, got lower EGTs, lower smoke output, less injector noise...etc.

I have all but forgotten it ever existed!!

~Les

Once again to clarify..

The 3rd event right? Not Pilot shot?

The OP was asking about the post shot I believe..

From the base tables That Ive seen, the post is only on at certain times. It is mainly for emissions reasons from what I hear. It looks like it is only on at an idle and low boost bottom end, then at WOT from about 2600 to 3200 rpm. I did remove mine and I can see a difference in the temperature slightly. Especially idling back down and cooling off before it shuts off. I had always heard that the post shot would help spool a large turbo on the low side, but that it could have negative side effects as far as liquefying pistons on higher rpm motors especially those motors with large nozzles. I would say just bump off the microseconds of the post shot and add those microseconds to the main shot. That would give a longer cooling period between shots. At least thats how im thinking. Anyone feel free to chime in and add or correct.

From the base tables That Ive seen, the post is only on at certain times. It is mainly for emissions reasons from what I hear. It looks like it is only on at an idle and low boost bottom end, then at WOT from about 2600 to 3200 rpm. I did remove mine and I can see a difference in the temperature slightly. Especially idling back down and cooling off before it shuts off. I had always heard that the post shot would help spool a large turbo on the low side, but that it could have negative side effects as far as liquefying pistons on higher rpm motors especially those motors with large nozzles. I would say just bump off the microseconds of the post shot and add those microseconds to the main shot. That would give a longer cooling period between shots. At least thats how im thinking. Anyone feel free to chime in and add or correct.

My theory on this (which I haven't tested...yet) is use the post up to 2000rpm or less and cut off any duration above that. I'm fighting injector issues right now or I would have a good idea about it. With the thought of having big nozzles, I'm not sure if the post event would still even be needed honestly.

My theory on this (which I haven't tested...yet) is use the post up to 2000rpm or less and cut off any duration above that. I'm fighting injector issues right now or I would have a good idea about it. With the thought of having big nozzles, I'm not sure if the post event would still even be needed honestly.

That's my thinking on the pre-2k post injection. Use it to spool and drop it after that's over with. Just a thought. There's too much changing hardware wise on my truck to have any big news or concrete findings soon. Ill try it on my buddy's puller though. He needs some help lighting the charger sometimes. :charger:

From what i ca tell i have hand calculated a 2 mpg improvement on my no injection event tune over a 500 mile trip. but that cannot be totally attributed to the lack of the 3rd event. I have also modified some other tables. But just out of curiosity I may throw it back in on the tune i am running now and see what it does. I will definitely keep you posted.

Losing the 3rd event...actually made it easier to spool my 66...BUT timing has a large effect on spool as well.

I can light my 66 with EASE now...with being able to adjust timing accordingly, I can have 10psi by 1500 rpm and full tilt 50psi by 1800.

~Les

Anyone have feedback on fuel mileage after removing post injection?

I have two customers both reporting 19.5-21 MPG highway (empty) on bone stock trucks (no intake, etc.). I have another customer that just did long road trip hauling a flatbed trailer with a car on it (guessing around 9000 poungs) that said he's filled up twice and calculated 17 - 17.5 MPG.

These numbers are hand calculated - not read from the overhead console. I know I hear bigger numbers reported from time to time, but it doesn't seem many people can say whether that is hand calculated or not. So far i'm really happy with the mileage improvements (2-4 MPG seems to be the average reported for whatever their driving style is).

When you guys turn the post injection off, are you adjusting the Axis defines at all? The tables are where the Axis defines get their info from, correct?

Back