efi live injection event removal

When you guys turn the post injection off, are you adjusting the Axis defines at all? The tables are where the Axis defines get their info from, correct?

Nope...
Just go into the post pulse table...and zero it out.

~Les

Les, I feel it's better to zero the commanded mm3 values to turn off injection events. The final calculation from mm3 to a pulse time is one of the last processes the ECM does, prior to that it will be referencing the commanded mm3 still.
If you have values in there parts of the code will still think there is going to be a post injection event even though it's stopped by having a 0uS pulse time. If you kill it via the Base + Air Adjust tables then any other routines that are checking commanded mm3 will see there is zero for the post pulse (or pilot if you are doing that too).

Les, I feel it's better to zero the commanded mm3 values to turn off injection events. The final calculation from mm3 to a pulse time is one of the last processes the ECM does, prior to that it will be referencing the commanded mm3 still.
If you have values in there parts of the code will still think there is going to be a post injection event even though it's stopped by having a 0uS pulse time. If you kill it via the Base + Air Adjust tables then any other routines that are checking commanded mm3 will see there is zero for the post pulse (or pilot if you are doing that too).

Thanks for the heads up Ross!!

I'll give it a shot!

~Les

On this tune I'm building for my Dad's 07, I killed it in the "Injection Quantity" and then zeroed out the tables and left the axis defines alone. Am I on the right track with this?

Thanks.

Just double checking, to disable the post event I go to the {D0508} Post Injection Pulse table in the Injection Quantity section and zero all of the values right?

Yes, all tables under the "Post Injection" branch of the tree in the "Injection Quantity".

Every single table under that heading? I tried my hand at disabling pilot and post injections and just tried to take the truck out for a test drive. It idled fine and I could tell the pilot injection was gone but as soon as you push on the accelerator pedal the truck sputters, shoots out white smoke and tries to die. If you stay off the pedal it idles perfect. Anyone have ideas on what I did wrong?

There are a lot of fine adjustments that have to made be get a single injection event file to run well. I worked on it for a little while, but found it more effective to leave the pilot alone until higher RPM and higher load.

Well I started with a new copy of my stock file and zeroed out every Post table under the Quantity heading and took it out for a test drive. Everything seems to be working fine.

I extended the main injection event and upped the fuel pressure but I don't have any results with the latest changes. Turning the post off produced a very light haze at WOT. Trying to get the power up on it now. As soon as he gets it loaded up and has time to test it, I'll know more.

I haven't touched the main duration yet, just adjusted the main timing, fuel pressures and desired fuel flow amounts and have more than made up for the power lost without post. Hopefully I'll be running it on a dyno soon and I'll post up results. So far the truck runs great, doesn't get hot and I need to readjust some options to get rid of some smoke.

I haven't touched the main duration yet, just adjusted the main timing, fuel pressures and desired fuel flow amounts and have more than made up for the power lost without post. Hopefully I'll be running it on a dyno soon and I'll post up results. So far the truck runs great, doesn't get hot and I need to readjust some options to get rid of some smoke.

Look to timing on the low end for smoke control....

~Les

what adjustments are you fellas making to keep the truck from running away after a WOT run, if any? does the absence of the post event help this condition?

what adjustments are you fellas making to keep the truck from running away after a WOT run, if any? does the absence of the post event help this condition?

Are you referring to the throttle hang issue??

If so we are working on narrowing down if it's a OS issue or something else.

Some OS don't have a issue and some have a severe issue.

~Les

Back