Words cannot express my excitement!!!

Sounds like a true jake, but it's weak as phuck. But at least you can go bap bap bap bap bap bap and sound like the real trucks LOL.

Last edited:
The theory behind the engine brake is to let the piston get to TDC on the compression stroke and then pop the exhaust valve open and dump the compression out the exhaust. Basically you're turning the engine into a giant air compressor. So to get that sound, you can't just hold the exhaust valve open, they have it timed somehow.

Last edited:
I was just thinking, If banks is backing this be prepared for through the roof prices. Doesn't banks cater to the towing crowd almost exclusively these days? Seems like their ads are geared that way and this would be their crowning jewel for the B series.

IDK just speculating :)

I've got a little 5sp 12v that I just pulled twins off of to hang a single on it. If I was hood rich enough to buy a custom VNT turbo setup for my mega cab for the price of twins just because I liked the way it sounded, bet that I'll get ignorant enough to drop coin on a compression brake just for the sound :D LOL

I would imagine this thing would work very well on an engine that also had an exhaust brake. I'm damn sure not buying one for it's braking capability.

Sounds like a true jake, but it's weak as phuck. But at least you can go bap bap bap bap bap bap and sound like the real trucks LOL.

Yup. Looks like it. LOL

I just emailed the vid to one of my local cop buddies and asked him how long it would take to get arrested for having one of them in Stillwater. LOL

Back