Anyone DD a manual VB?

That's what I do. First time I went down with the new tranny I hit neutral, that was not fun slowing down. Hell, I'm going slow compared to alot of you guys and it was still a b1tch.

I just unlock and slow down like normal, then put it in park when I get to my spot. I don't downshift unless I'm <10mph and need to accelerate again. And I turn off OD under 30mph.

Time to revive this thread. Currently helping with a ppump 24 valve build on a buddy's truck. It has fortunately turned into a full on build with a build thread to follow when we are finished. His current plan is the same as mine. Gated shifter with a manual vb. So my questions right now are concerning the linkage from the shifter. How is everyone routing the cable?

This will be done after the ppump swap/build is complete. Just looking for info so we know for future reference.

Time to revive this thread. Currently helping with a ppump 24 valve build on a buddy's truck. It has fortunately turned into a full on build with a build thread to follow when we are finished. His current plan is the same as mine. Gated shifter with a manual vb. So my questions right now are concerning the linkage from the shifter. How is everyone routing the cable?

This will be done after the ppump swap/build is complete. Just looking for info so we know for future reference.
I just drilled a hole I'n my tranny tunnel. Easy enough.

Same here.

Off topic, but has anyone been stuck in park on a hill with these gate and ratchet shifters? I have to be careful where I park, my ratchet shifter does NOT have enough leverage like the stock setup to get it out of park on a hill.

Same here.

Off topic, but has anyone been stuck in park on a hill with these gate and ratchet shifters? I have to be careful where I park, my ratchet shifter does NOT have enough leverage like the stock setup to get it out of park on a hill.

Just pull harder lol... My car was that way at times. I can see where these trucks may be worse.

Same here.

Huh never had that issue...

Well, that's easy enough.

Same here.

Would there not be a better way to route the cable to allow for a good amount of leverage?

its all in the fulcrum length of the shifter versus the fulcrum length of the trans shifter lever-

I would like to see some pictures if you or anyone has any available. Its a fairly simple concept I know, but it never hurts to look at ideas.

Same here.

Mine did it with column shifter if I even touched the curb with a tire. It still does it with gate shifter, but it seems easier to actually get it out of park now.

Same here.

Set the parking break before putting it in park.

Sorry for maybe asking a stupid question here bit how would towing be with a manual vb and say 7-800hp depending on tuning. Only looking to tow a small gooseneck trailer with a jeep.

I have an 06 48re. I have the trans out now and am seriously thinking about a manual VB or at least a gated shifter. What do y'all do for park/reverse lights and starting in gear safety switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I have an 06 48re. I have the trans out now and am seriously thinking about a manual VB or at least a gated shifter. What do y'all do for park/reverse lights and starting in gear safety switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Park lights are still activated with headlight switch, reverse lights are still turned on via trans, not the shifter (at least on a 2nd gen), and gear safety switch doesn't concern me since it's not a manual, and if you should somehow get it to start in gear, hopefully the converter will slip enough for you to realize you phucked up and let off the key.

Back