Anyone DD a manual VB?

I drove my Toyota everyday with a manual VB and a quarter stick for 3-4 years. It was standard pattern but it'll be reverse pattern when/if I ever put it back together, the quarter stick is pretty fast but it still would be a lot nicer if 1st was next to neutral.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I run the winters shifter, particularly the model with reverse lockout. You'll get pretty accustomed to it after a while (exact same thing as the cheetah, just a different knob up top.)

If I did it again, I'd get a longitudinally gated shifter instead of the latitudinally gated one (the case of the cheetah/winters shifter) - make for quicker shifting at the strip, IMHO

I really dont think the shifter is the main delay on the shifting LOL But you could always put an air solenoid on to shift it for you.

im in the very very painfully slow process of building a 2.5 dedicated truck, i want to go with a manual vb... i randomly came across this video and i like the shifter that this person has... i believe this is the truck called "black jack" so i apologize if the owner is one here and i dont know him... i just would like to know what shifter this is....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhytPzR6AGw"]In cab ride in pulling truck - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry for the absense in my own thread. I havent been on lately as I just got hired at Cummins and I'm going to be settling in to a new house. I will be hitting this manual vb and gated shifter deal hard, very soon. Still have to get a couple things in order.

Tried to get ahold of Lavon a few weeks back about building me a vb but never got an answer or a returned call.

im in the very very painfully slow process of building a 2.5 dedicated truck, i want to go with a manual vb... i randomly came across this video and i like the shifter that this person has... i believe this is the truck called "black jack" so i apologize if the owner is one here and i dont know him... i just would like to know what shifter this is....

In cab ride in pulling truck - YouTube

Yes that was Black Jack back when Taylor Stivor's owned it, it now belongs to Nick Fried and is called After Shock it just underwent a NV4500 swap. I will make sure Nick see's this and see if he can answer for you.

Last edited:
Yes that was Black Jack back when Taylor Stivor's owned it, it now belongs to Nick Fried and is called After Shock it just underwent a NV4500 swap. I will make sure Nick see's this and see if he can answer for you.

Thank you sir! Much appreciated.

Couldn't find the part number tonight ill have to look through some paperwork, one of my friends street drives his everyday with the same shifter I had, he loves it. But ill keep looking, I'm sure it's somewhere

I have a cheetah reverse pattern manual VB on my challenger and wouldn't have it any other way. Slap-Stik center console. Not exactly a truck but I'm +1 for another happy person running a manual vb.

I have the b&m stealth pro ratchet. I freaking love it for the street strip truck that it is, but would definitely go gated as a dd.

Back