Third Gen Billet Intake

After I get this first wave of orders finished I'm sure I'll come up with something for the 12V.:rockwoot:

It would be interesting to see how the 12V crowd would setup to a manifold, I'd think the head machining would be the toughest part to over come......meaning they bought a manifold had had it fitted at there location.

Joe, looking at the manifolds design doesn't it use a convergent design with it's taper on the end ports....meaning the air moves faster, or am I lost here.

Jim

It would be interesting to see how the 12V crowd would setup to a manifold, I'd think the head machining would be the toughest part to over come......meaning they bought a manifold had had it fitted at there location.

Joe, looking at the manifolds design doesn't it use a convergent design with it's taper on the end ports....meaning the air moves faster, or am I lost here.

Jim

12V heads have some flange surface area issues. Mainly front and back are very narrow. Its issues that have been overcome by many.

The design is to evenly direct flow rather than it making twists and turns. Front and rear intake ports on CR and 24V heads are single valve. Those ports accept half as much air as the middles ( for a lack of a better way of explaining it ). Therefore I'm not sure what you mean by "faster".Moving faster to the ports is the intention of the ramp.
The area volume of this intake is still more than the stock casting. Which if you look at one cut off , looks like a motocross track.

Can I get some measure ments from the front of the manifold to the intake open. The measure ments to the from side to side top to bottom just overall dimentions. I can make a cardboard mock up se if it will fit. PM if you want.

Faster moving meaning the convergent duct, velocity increases and pressure reduces.....sorry I'm a Jet Engine guy and I relate it to that!

Jim

i put in my order,got an intercooler also.i am getting excited about my winter project...

Back