66 Street Manners

USARMY12V

Rally round the Virginian
I'm in the stages on planning my build for what will eventually be a compound setup, but in the mean time I'm going to run (what will end up being my secondary) a single turbo. I've talked to a few people and they first off said that contacting you would be a good idea, with a lot of people recommending you all I assume it's worthwhile, and two wonder what your opinions on the streetability of a 66 non-billet, just extended tip s366 would be. At the moment I am working with a fairly stock truck, but I will be open for suggestions to input for what I need to be able to do to run said turbo on the street including injector size and delivery valve size. One, what 66 would be ideal (if any of the non-billets) for still being streetable, I don't need this truck for towing so that's not to be considered really (never more than a load of wood) and two, fueling mods can be whatever you recommend to keep the setup working efficiently on the map. This truck will be for street/drag with a goal of 500 or so.

I'm in the stages on planning my build for what will eventually be a compound setup, but in the mean time I'm going to run (what will end up being my secondary) a single turbo. I've talked to a few people and they first off said that contacting you would be a good idea, with a lot of people recommending you all I assume it's worthwhile, and two wonder what your opinions on the streetability of a 66 non-billet, just extended tip s366 would be. At the moment I am working with a fairly stock truck, but I will be open for suggestions to input for what I need to be able to do to run said turbo on the street including injector size and delivery valve size. One, what 66 would be ideal (if any of the non-billets) for still being streetable, I don't need this truck for towing so that's not to be considered really (never more than a load of wood) and two, fueling mods can be whatever you recommend to keep the setup working efficiently on the map. This truck will be for street/drag with a goal of 500 or so.
If all your shooting for is 500 to 600 a 64mm would probably suit your needs a little better and still able to reach your goals

Give me a call and we can discuss your project and how to proceed. The 66 will not be the charger though, not as a single or in future twin use. 616-608-2977 Chris

Thanks, I'm down in murphreesboro at the indoor pull, its busy and loud right now. Monday works good. Chris

One of the best Chargers will spool and stay street perfectly fine. 66/74 non billet ED and Lavon is running one on his cr with just a tune no sticks. It's great turbo.

I assume by his screenname it's a 12v and the HP goal he listed, we would size it smaller for his application. Chris

Rode in one with 12V and 370s I think. IT's a great turbo can't beat it. Why all of Plain City and etc is running ED turbos. :)

Yes it is a 12v and I'll probably be putting in 024's for DV's or maybe 191's depending upon things. As far as injectors go I'm not sure about that, which is why I am talking to you to find out what works best with the charger.

i had just about the same power goals with my turck in mind when i ordered from chriss a few years ago...he set me up with a 62/71/14 the thing flat spooled and cooled.. i ran 5x14s with it. dont think i would want to go bigger than mabey a 64 on a 500hp 12v

Well like I said, this is just a single for now. Trying to run this as a single for a little until I pick up a primary for a compound setup. Also possibility of a 13mm pump at some point.

My idea of a good compund would be a 62/71/14 over a 47X. With some 5x18 sticks and a pump that flows over 550....

Yeah at some point I'm going to have to find a place to ship my pump off to. I don't think anywhere here in my town of Harrisonburg has a bench for that type of thing. This setup will eventually be almost for specifically drag racing so that's why I don't want to buy a small single.

Yeah at some point I'm going to have to find a place to ship my pump off to. I don't think anywhere here in my town of Harrisonburg has a bench for that type of thing. This setup will eventually be almost for specifically drag racing so that's why I don't want to buy a small single.

A smaller secondary with a properly set up waste gate will make as much or more power than a bigger secondary and it won't take any spool time...

The more I think about it the more I see that this thing probably will be quite smokey on the road with a 66 before it spools. Looking forward to Monday actually. Soon as the GI Bill money comes haha.

I daily drive a 66 on the street with 5x14 sac nozzles, 5ks, zero plate and 131 comp DV's. If you eventually want twins I would say start off with a smaller single to use as a secondary... But I'm a big single guy and ill soon be trying to run a s475 and still make it streetable. Truck also doubles at the moment as a 2.6 pull truck also, but only at our local brush pulls.

Back