1955 Buick special 12v swap.

No diesel related stuff to report unless u guys want to see all the bodywork.

I am getting the 9" together slow but sure.
Got some bearings. Seals. And a yoke on the way.

Ended up getting a chunk with 2.75s in it.
What do you guys thinknof that? I'm thinking it's too high.
But then again. Light car not heavy truck. No shortage of torque.
Short car tires. Maybe she will move along just fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449606238.267562.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449606254.029900.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449606269.467242.jpg

If the gutless 350 chevy in my c1500 can pull it's self along with 2:73 gears and a 700r4 that Cummins should have no problem with that 2:75 gear the torque convert might slip would be my main concern.

If the gutless 350 chevy in my c1500 can pull it's self along with 2:73 gears and a 700r4 that Cummins should have no problem with that 2:75 gear the torque convert might slip would be my main concern.

I dont know much about the voodoo magic in an auto but I don't like auto and slippage. Ugh.
I'm hoping it's equivalent to my buddies first gen with. 307s.
Just nasty sideways action.
All he has is a built 727 and a 60mm wheel on the h1c

Thanks for sharing your build. I've got a Cummins Swap project I'm about to start collecting parts for.

Any updates on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I was never running a dmax. I had a 12v sitting in there. But I thought the noise and vibration might get old. I'm going with a 5.3 ls turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry, I realized too late that I had mistyped Dmax instead of Cummins. It really is hard to argue with a turbo LS. Please feel free to post updates all the same. I know it's not diesel but there are plenty of us here can still appreciate boost regardless.

Yeah, sorry, I realized too late that I had mistyped Dmax instead of Cummins. It really is hard to argue with a turbo LS. Please feel free to post updates all the same. I know it's not diesel but there are plenty of us here can still appreciate boost regardless.

Sounds good man. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back