6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

Cory made it work, milled a little on the head, drilled and tapped it for the banks intake and also milled some on the intake as well.... it will work, after I re weld tabs on the rail, plug the factory map port and relocate it to intake piping.

What are you gonna run for the front axle, I was hoping you stayed with the stock bolt in dana44. And if it worked out was gonna copy the setup.

IMG_4145 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Front 9" axle housing getting cut to spec

IMG_2521 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
IMG_2541 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Milled-drilled & tapped head/intake

IMG_3821 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Mostly finished head

IMG_2375 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Engine

IMG_2409 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
IMG_2974 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
29.5x10.5x15 pro drag radial on 15x12 billet specialties

IMG_2508 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Go fast seat from racetech

IMG_4113 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Track spec 78" under the truck

IMG_3336 | Cody Beaman | Flickr
Got some plans for the front half

Last edited:
What are you gonna run for the front axle, I was hoping you stayed with the stock bolt in dana44. And if it worked out was gonna copy the setup.

Do it, just don't go full potato. It would literally drop in.

I ditched it because I was bound to very few gear ratio options since I knew I was going to run a 9 inch in the rear and to match the pair together was getting to be a headache...

wow! a whole year went by in a blink. i’ve made a bit of progress since i last posted to say the least and changed plans once again. :woohoo:

here’s some engine pics. this is a standard competition kingspeed engine. 6.7 cummins block, ductile iron dry sleeves, billet 20:1 diamond pistons, steel rods, roller cam, modified oil pump/system, big main studs with their girdle system, and filled up to the deck.

o66RZCt.jpg

Am7osE3.jpg

jFHMJzu.jpg

7lekcun.jpg

Just went through your entire thread again, and I must say, I am supremely jealous of your skills, patience, and end product. Fine work! I want videos of this thing kicking ass.

spent a couple months getting the engine assembled and accessories installed. next phase was electrical. with the help of mark nixon for parts and technical help pulling connections apart from jeremy gray (who builds the cleanest mil-spec cummins engine harness) and JP for advice to use heat shrink solder for the extension i got it done

z7Gu1Ho.jpg

xgKrFeX.jpg

9N7DRFB.jpg

yp0fiDT.jpg

UzywzmN.jpg

sip4CFc.jpg

cauME8O.jpg

Just went through your entire thread again, and I must say, I am supremely jealous of your skills, patience, and end product. Fine work! I want videos of this thing kicking ass.

thank you! it’s been quite the waiting game, until recently.. it will be done soon!

long story short not much was happening after i got the engine running, after a month shy of 2 years of the truck at dow brothers race cars i got a roll cage, front axle, and lightweight t-case built and had my project aborted. decided the best option was to finish myself.

tDT9EAt.jpg

YuTbSI7.jpg

rewind back to late september i started planning out where to start.
didn’t take long to see the ride height was going to be way to high, and very limited travel.

1b89DUy.jpg

SwSwELu.jpg

frL863p.jpg

pnKVqZ7.jpg

7qLvnm1.jpg

That’s what I call gutting the cab.

Glad you posted some pics of the progress. Patiently awaiting the end result.

Back