Lsm's Billet Aluminum Block

Man, after all the modifying you guys are talking about, I wouldn't even call these "cummins" or "duramax" blocks anymore. They're just custom LOL

When you start making them out of aluminum, you crossed that line. So why pretend they are stock, fix the problems inherent to the Cummins or Dmax

looks like tooling marks to me. That would be one crappy weld.

blow the pic up and look at it. right below the lower rad hose outlet. when you blow it up you can see what looks like a weld is laying over the top of the tooling marks.

i'm just curious why it looks like it was welded on

blow the pic up and look at it. right below the lower rad hose outlet. when you blow it up you can see what looks like a weld is laying over the top of the tooling marks.

i'm just curious why it looks like it was welded on

It might have been easier to machine parts separate and weld them on later?. I do see what your lookin at and i thought it was a weld aswell.

The LSM block has to be welded to allow for water jackets and provisions. Nothing wrong with that, in reality the weld is stronger than the block itself.

The LSM block has to be welded to allow for water jackets and provisions. Nothing wrong with that, in reality the weld is stronger than the block itself.

thats kinda what i figured they had to do. no way to get a tool inside there so had to come from the outside in then weld it back up.

I have some pics of billet BBc heads that cost more than that have plenty of welding done on them. It's no big deal.

If the weld is put in properly it will outlast the block. Looks good from here.

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Back