Bags or helper springs

I have the pacbrake bags and I don't see how I lived with out them. My truck rides smooth no matter what with the proper air pressure and they did help with road walk some.

What do you guys think of this set?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001OMVCN2/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1338922198&sr=8-4"]AIR LIFT 72000 Wireless Air Leveling Compressor:Amazon:Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aCdHkKtnL.@@AMEPARAM@@41aCdHkKtnL[/ame]

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

So that last post looked like crap in Tapatalk, and but it showed up fine on the Web.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That's a pretty cool setup but it doesn't look like it comes with bags so you'd have to buy that as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I prefer the inner style 2071 kit Mike.

Wish I'd have come back to this thread earlier tonight.

I just went to order 2220, and after a last second paranoid bit of research, discovered they require the factory blocks with the bump stops, which I no longer have.

So, I have to use the 2071 kit, which clamps to the leaf springs.

Chris, Xtremediesel says it's a no drill kit, but no other seller says that (I went with Jegs for their awesome service). Do you remember if they are truly no drill for the frame mount?

And thanks for the advice I missed the first time LOL

A lot of 3/4 ton trucks have a 1" block between springs and axle...
so as mike asked
DOES YOURS HAVE THE 1" BLOCK STILL?
(noticed i typed louder and slower so you can understand :))

Playin' the devils advocate here.....how 'bout loading your trailer with less tongue weight? Back your truck on it and put the motor over the trailer tires and the light end of the truck up front. That will also keep your windshield from getting cracked from rocks coming from the two rig. $.02 Lightening the front will also take a lot of load off your rear wheel bearings on your two rig.

Last edited:

Mine had a 4.75" tall block, I removed it when I lowered the truck. Does yours still have a block of any sort? I swear my dually even had one.

Playin' the devils advocate here.....how 'bout loading your trailer with less tongue weight? Back your truck on it and put the motor over the trailer tires and the light end of the truck up front. That will also keep your windshield from getting cracked from rocks coming from the two rig. $.02 Lightening the front will also take a lot of load off your rear wheel bearings on your two rig.

The motor is already centered between the trailer's axles (its in the bed). My truck doesn't really sag any more than anyone elses, maybe 1-1.5", but since it's lowered, I'm afraid of the strain on my driveshaft/tcase/diff on bumps and stuff. I really need to get it shortened, but I didn't know of any shops in the city until last week. I'd also like them for the sway bar effect.

You'll see how I'm set up on friday Jory. I don't think I could get it any better, safely.

The motor is already centered between the trailer's axles (its in the bed).

******but since it's lowered,

Put the engine behind the tires and lift the tongue! LOL

Lowered....:doh: I did not know this. Please give my condolenscences to the poor thing. LOL

So what days are you off? Just Fri and Sat? Fri night is going to be hell man...Wade's 4th b-day on Sat. I have to get the carnival set up which means welders are not permitted in the "carnival" area. Are you off on Sunday by chance? Any nights next week? I'm very sorry to keep kickin' ya in the nerts....too much going on.

Got band practice for a Sunday night gig at Shane's church on Wed after work in Edmond, then I sold the wrecker so it will load out on a lowboy sometime on Thursday, Friday is set up the carnival night, Saturday is the whole fam damily at the house, Sunday morn in church then Sunday night is band gig in Edmond. I might actually look forward to the work week for this weekend. LOL Not really, but man, this is crazy...mostly brought on my myself though. Dr.4x4Dually had nothing to do with it...well, not most of it. :D

I do work for free most of the time so it will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Back