650hp #2

Where do I begin? First that pump is NOT 550cc! I had the dragon flow cam and dv's put in just to get 535. And that costed 2400! That pump is actually 400CC cause I had it checked! So don't waste your money on it. Next injectors. Myself I have ilhad the dragon fly and flows. Flows ok flies terrible. 370's are better. Just to let you know I GUARENTEE you won't make 650 and probably won't come within 150 of that number. Sorry for the bad news

If you are just going to buy everything from I.I. then tell them your goals and they can probably get everything matched good enough street manners would still be ok. Where are you located?

NO! That's exactly why I did and ended up with 420 HP for ten grand and all the could say is I don't know what to tell ya. Their set up wouldn't, I mean couldn't lite the sps 62 til 2400 rpm

2Tone, thanks for the feedback! Dont apologize, this is the stuff I'm looking for! Actually, since first posting I've kinda opened up my eyes and looked at the big picture. I'm not blaming II for anything, I think that they make good products, I just think there is a little hype to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Buck:

You are welcome buddy!

Buck, as far as the external exhaust wastegates, I like the the "Tial" Brand.
I had real good luck with mine, they always worked well and are easy to install etc. One think I would recommend is to get the one that uses the clamps, not the bolts, to join the exhaust side of the wastegate to the piping into your hotpipe. It is kind of "tight" in those areas with the twins and the clamps versus the bolts is much easier to work with.

---------
John_P

John, so you're saying in the hotpipe? I thought that the WG should go between the manifold and the exh. housing of the turbo to vent all six cylinders? Or does the factory gate on the hx40 do that efficient enough?

This stuff is helpful, keep it up!:rockwoot:

Re-read it...it says "exhaust side of the wastegate to your hotpipe" meaning, the outlet of it goes into the hotpipe, and the inlet should go in the manifold!

Typically, and HX40 wastegate won't handle all the wastegating needs!
External = mo betta!
Chris

Where do I begin? First that pump is NOT 550cc! I had the dragon flow cam and dv's put in just to get 535. And that costed 2400! That pump is actually 400CC cause I had it checked! So don't waste your money on it. Next injectors. Myself I have ilhad the dragon fly and flows. Flows ok flies terrible. 370's are better. Just to let you know I GUARENTEE you won't make 650 and probably won't come within 150 of that number. Sorry for the bad news

This is interesting

When i was at the Academy for CBP i printed out the sheet for the Dragonfly pump, which at the time was 1600 dollars after the core charge, and "made" 550 CC's of fuel, Ok whup de doo, so i talked to brady i do believe and he said that the pump and Fly injectors would make close to 700 rwhp.. OK, 550 ccs of fuel and 150 horse injectors sounds pretty possible.

But now i look at the same sheet, and the pump has gone up in cost to 2000 dollars, and now makes 440 CC's of fuel... Hmmmmm makes you wonder...

I have dragon fly injectors, but i have no basis of comparison for them other than to 370 PDR marines which now are in the hands of another knowledgable member on here, And these injectors were apples to oranges over them. Would i like to try a set of DDP 4's hell yeah as well as some hot rod 370s.

The hype over the DFly pump, well possibly it is overrated, but again, so has the topic on makin over 600 horses on a pump never been off the truck before, Jeff garmon has done it, and im sure theres more than a few people and shops that know how to do it... so whats the big deal?

Fuel as Muddin dude pointed out, can be had for delivery valves, and im sure a stock 215 pump can make for 600 horses, heck my trucks about 500 or so and i still make smoke. and thats with 181 dvs....., lasers and 191s? will definately help along with a ported head and other goodies IMHO...

Its a tight stretch and without a pusher pump or support it will kill your injectors and pump, but im certain it can be done.

If John P with 350 ccs of fuel made 650 horses on a 180 pump, how in the world can a 215 pump not be capable of the same numbers or better?

These conclusions IMHO are legit and if so, just as JOhn P says, have your pump calibrated to your needs and save the money yourself. Im not doggin II by any means at all, but it seems to me all ur gettin is a tweaked 215 pump if ur buyin a fly pump... I know my pump needs tuning and i know whos gonna do it, and help me acheive my goals, if the pump needs to come off the truck, then so be it..

And mathematically proportional, using John Ps truck as an example, if all pumps can flow the same amount of fuel then 440 CCs on a properly tuned truck (no one can argue that johns truck IS NOT properly tuned) then the results should be along these lines...

350 CCs over 650 Rwhp = 440 CCs/ x amount of power...

basic math multiplies and gets 350x = 286000 (the product of 440x650) divided by 350 to leave x alone nets you the answer that 440 ccs should be good for 817 RWHP... if you have the right injectors and what not....

Is this mathematically correct? Yes.. applicable to real world where even temperature is a variable? not hardly..... too many variables ranging from temperature to fuel viscosity, humidity, dyno operator, driver, injectors, pump wear and tear, turbo wear and tear, its impossible... and does this even include the 15 percent power loss or so at the tires?

Someone feel free to buck me off my high horse if need be.. lord knows i need it...

i agree with patrick, 370s might be better injectors too for your pump or application, if they are hot rod or f1s.... which have proven to be really good, even new eras are doin well for themselves...

But all this commotion for 600 rwhp? Its not out of reach for anyone, it just takes time, and money that could be better invested elsewhere... Not all trucks like dynos either. Heck i know mine dont... its let me down before twice.... and its pissed me off, but i just regroup and move on, and if the average do it yourselfer cant do it (WHICH I ADMIT I CANT ANYMORE) have a pro with a solid reputation tune the truck. It IMHO is money better invested with working with what you already have, than goin out and buying a pump that is questionable to me even.. and i dont know squat compared to many others on here....

:blahblah1: ill shut up now..

Rick

But, not all cc's are created equal.

I have a 12mm pump at Columbus Diesel right now, and next week it will be getting tuned to 550-600CC...but, that doesn't mean I can send it somehwere else, and it will make 600cc's on their bench.

Chris

But, not all cc's are created equal.

I have a 12mm pump at Columbus Diesel right now, and next week it will be getting tuned to 550-600CC...but, that doesn't mean I can send it somehwere else, and it will make 600cc's on their bench.

Chris

Precisely

Main question is, a CC, a cubic centimeter, isnt is standardized from the metric system? why cant all pumps and lines be the same?

so why hype them all up and have too many variables in lines, and everything else, just to sell a product? If my pump needs OFF THE TRUCK TUNING,i know it will be in reputable hands and will get it done...

Industrial makes good injectors on my basis of comparison, but it aint much, pumps and pumpwork is more expensive and IMHO needs more research..

I cant believe what this thread has turned into tho, seriously.. and now im involved... :bang

Re-read it...it says "exhaust side of the wastegate to your hotpipe" meaning, the outlet of it goes into the hotpipe, and the inlet should go in the manifold!

External = mo betta!
Chris

:doh: Gotcha! Sometimes I make things out to be more complicated then they are!

A while back i found a brand new(still in the bag and boxed) 887 pump. I sent it to Brad Ponci to have the flow increased. Price tag for the rotate and balance was about $500. The only new part was a different rack plug. This pump has done 678 with a set of Mach 7's on fuel only with 19.2 degs of timing,181 dv's and a home made #100 plate. Perfect idle and low speed manners also. With larger DV's and injectors 750 would be cake.

Ron

External = mo betta!
Chris
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris:

Hey buddy, thanks for helping Buck out on that! BTW,.....I can't wait to see how your truck runs after you get all those "hot parts" on there!!

---------
John_P

A while back i found a brand new(still in the bag and boxed) 887 pump. I sent it to Brad Ponci to have the flow increased. Price tag for the rotate and balance was about $500. The only new part was a different rack plug. This pump has done 678 with a set of Mach 7's on fuel only with 19.2 degs of timing,181 dv's and a home made #100 plate. Perfect idle and low speed manners also. With larger DV's and injectors 750 would be cake.

Ron

Yea, but Ron you forgot Brad's "the man" :rockwoot:

Brad has worked one over for for us to and I (well momma) couldn't be happier :thankyou2: Ponci's

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris:

Hey buddy, thanks for helping Buck out on that! BTW,.....I can't wait to see how your truck runs after you get all those "hot parts" on there!!

---------
John_P

You and me both John...I got a little ways to go yet, but I'm getting there!

Chris

Back