375hp/795tq

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
No lie. Drag Comp 5x5, smarty 4 (forgot to take it off), brand new APPS, 13psi at WOT fuel pressure. I did 373hp with a drag comp, rv275's, and a ksb-1. Either I got sent the wrong injectors by accident, my 9 month old VP was crap from the box (never gained any power over the other one anyways), or my ECM is jacked up. I'll get the graph posted later tonight.

Yeah. I beat my head on the cooler all day and all night. LOL I've got a line on a couple of used VP's to try but I'm gonna try and get my warrantied first or have it tested or something.

Oh yeah, 43psi of boost, 1200* egt's, no smoke when the turbo spools.

I say the injectors got mixed up, did you make any motor only pulls tyler just to get a fell for where its at without electronics? This was at relentless i am guessing? What did chris think of that he must have had a few suggestions.

Nope. Bullydog's new place in denton. I did 292hp with smarty on 4 and injectors only. All the curves mirror each other.

I'm with Creed, got to be wrong sticks. Especially to have not even broken 300 with them and the Smarty. Even with no timing.

Hey since you were at the event up their I heard rumors that valair had a triple disc clutch in a truck that made a #2 run only in the 1k-1100hp range, and they were installing a huge nitrous setup and hoping for 1500. I was told they would be their and in buda as well.
Sorry again about your luck tyler I would pull the stixs and have em flow tested I am willing to bet thats the issue.

Any idea on why it didnt make it and I even forgot to ask dan about some of the details of the truck :bang:bang I dont even know if it was a CR or a 12valve.

Man, Tyler, I'm sorry for your luck dude. We are gonna have to start giving you hell for 399 instead of 499! :bang I hope you figure it out. Good luck.

Right now I flat don't care. It runs great on the street, is smooth as silk, and has absolutely no little quirks so I'm just gonna drive it. I'll deal with it next week. But in the mean time, any ideas? I'm gonna call my injector guy tomorrow and see if he will ship me some different injectors.

Right now I flat don't care. It runs great on the street, is smooth as silk, and has absolutely no little quirks so I'm just gonna drive it. I'll deal with it next week. But in the mean time, any ideas? I'm gonna call my injector guy tomorrow and see if he will ship me some different injectors.

I don't think it is the injectors, didn't you just change from the Dragon flows? I think it is the ecm, possibly the vp44, but you recently changed that with no power gain.

Yeah. But I'm wondering if maybe he sent me the wrong one's by mistake. Mistakes happen. I got to thinking about the VP and I was dropping power before I changed it and after I changed it I'm still going down so either I got a bad pump (unlikely but possible with these POS's) or that wasn't the problem. The only thing that hasn't been changed is the ECM and those are kinda hard to come by. I might be making a trip somewhere to find a dealer that knows what they are talking about.

I'm gonna see if I can find a dealer who will reflash it for me and guarantee that the truck will run afterwards. LOL If that don't work then I'll try and find a used one.

Sorry to hear you haven't nailed it yet blue....
1200* and no smoke = no fuel so you don't have to many options left.
I would say you eliminated any fueling box issues so your down to just a few options. 375hp seems like the right # for a truck with a comp and stock injectors. Did you not notice a huge drop in power when you put these sticks in?

Nope. I didn't notice any power difference. I did notice 150* drop in egt's over the 11 holes I was running. I also noticed a 100* drop and 5-8psi drop going from the TST to the Drag Comp.

If you lived close to me... then you'd come over and we would stick my mach 7's in your truck for a day or 2 and you could tell real fast if it was injectors or VP44... I vote in this order VP44, Injectors, then maybe the ECM just because I went through a HP drop syndrome like you did a year ago and after changing everything else I finally swapped a 6mo. old VP for a new II VP and it solved the problem.

Lavon

Well i make 425 with jammer 2's, drag comp, 64/14. Then i did 459 with a II 10holes with lift, hrvp, same turbo, edge juice/smarty, head work, cam. I didnt feel like that was right. I changed my Map sensor and did 569 on the exact same set up.

Since tyler has changed the map the only other thing that reads the map is the ecm. And it wont throw a code on itself.

Tyler if you want i have some jammer 4's, your old injectors, and the used vp that did 425 a couple of times. Your more than welcome to try it out.

But i will bet you its the ecm

Last edited:
Back