Truckers, lets see your rigs!

My gross is always over 100k, usually right around 110k, so I think almost 5 average is pretty damn good

You miss having boxes full of bad EGR valves and soot clogged 4000 dollar turbos? Lol

I'm talking BC400's and what not lolLOL So whats the final opinion on tuning for these damn accerts? Or who wants to hook me up? haha Done hauling grain till wheat but now its hauling tractors all summer plus the wheat crop.

Cam upgrades on ACERTs are a big no no, the pressures they operate at are already high, stuffing more air into the equation is a bad idea.

Now if you de-acert it and make it a normal operating engine the cam would be just fine.

null_zps4bc31158.jpg

Some day I'm gonna own this truck.

Cam upgrades on ACERTs are a big no no, the pressures they operate at are already high, stuffing more air into the equation is a bad idea.

Now if you de-acert it and make it a normal operating engine the cam would be just fine.

Seems like I have also read alot of the acert guys complaining about idle quality with the marine cam

1000% agree, 18:1 compression+50-60psi boost=ticking time bomb

Seems like I have also read alot of the acert guys complaining about idle quality with the marine cam

They really choppy or what's the deal? A can shouldn't make them idle rough......at least I wouldn't think so

The 800hp cam isnt too bad and the 1000hp cam is a little worse, but some of these guys that put these cams in their engine still run the trim numbers maxed out, if they left the numbers as they should be the idle would be okay.

I'm talking BC400's and what not lolLOL So whats the final opinion on tuning for these damn accerts? Or who wants to hook me up? haha Done hauling grain till wheat but now its hauling tractors all summer plus the wheat crop.

I've got a tuned ECM I'll sell you. Send me a PM if you want it.

The 800hp cam isnt too bad and the 1000hp cam is a little worse, but some of these guys that put these cams in their engine still run the trim numbers maxed out, if they left the numbers as they should be the idle would be okay.

Makes sense:Cheer:

Either way I don't need any more power I guess. 98% of the time I wont gross over 75-80k lbs, and at this power level(I,m sitting right around 700hp at the wheels) I can pull ever hill I drive across at a high enough speed for me. I literally pass most all drivers I come across anywhere from 15mph-40mph faster than they are able to climb. The most I have dropped was down too was 60mph and I really think it was my fault for not choosing right gear and rpm to start up the climb with. This was running up through WV.

Now when the day comes I get passed up hill by anything but a bobtail, I will look for further improvements :)

Last edited:
We pulled the BD off of it to take it to the cat doctor, its really running like shiit, I got outrun by a 475 ISX.....

Back