First SS truck to the 8's

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Come on, NHRDA.... What in the actual F&ck?

How do we just forget about what 2tone did? Was he not a real man, with real feelings? We must not let this go by the wayside.

#neverforget2tone

Not to take away from Phillip, that was an awesome pass !, But not the first.

Anthony ran that 8.x pass at an event in Utah, not sanctioned by NHRDA. Can you really blame them for not recognizing a Super Street pass on a truck that may or may not have been legal for Super Street at the time of the pass running at a non-NHRDA event? NHRA doesn't recognize any of the Australian top fuel teams 1/4 mile times in their world records and I think the Aussies have been quicker and faster in the 1/4 mile... now that Top Fuel runs 1000' that is!!!

That said, I believe Anthony weighed 6k lbs and still had SS legal suspension on the truck so technically, he was the first 6k lb stock suspension diesel to run 8.x!!! Which is flying at that weight!!!!

Big Blue explained it perfectly, like I've said multiple times before, Anthony was the first SS truck in the 8's but I was the first to do it at a sanctioned NHRDA event.

Until someone sets the record in the 8's I don't think either pass matters much though, just says Super Street is getting stupid fast for the weight. Running multiple 8 second passes at an event will require the prefect track conditions and a truck that can go rounds so once that happens maybe all this who was first bs will stop.

Congrats as well man, that thing is moving out for your first couple of passes. Is it to early to say it'll be the first truck in the 7's?

Who knows. I'd put my money on the guys that have the hp to back it up like lavon, dustin jackson, etc. But i'll still try! I'd say what you have done is more impressive by far than what I might do. 8's in a 6000 lb truck is wild. Well done.

For my mph (155.70) comp d calculator says 1536hp, Wallace calculator says 1632hp.
The tune I made that pass on was 1600uS and dynoed 1550hp on fuel, pass was fuel only to the 1/8 then a .062 jet on the big end. I did had some issues with the 1-2 shift( band was loose from slipping I guess) and I also just found that my side draft was leaking enough to hear it across the room with only 5 psi in the system.

Last edited:
For my mph (155.70) comp d calculator says 1536hp, Wallace calculator says 1632hp.
The tune I made that pass on was 1600uS and dynoed 1550hp on fuel, pass was fuel only to the 1/8 then a .062 jet on the big end. I did had some issues with the 1-2 shift( band was loose from slipping I guess) and I also just found that my side draft was leaking enough to hear it across the room with only 5 psi in the system.

It's cool when things add up like that, they almost never do. And, it's really hard to get that type of dyno power to the ground!

Big Blue explained it perfectly, like I've said multiple times before, Anthony was the first SS truck in the 8's but I was the first to do it at a sanctioned NHRDA event.

Until someone sets the record in the 8's I don't think either pass matters much though, just says Super Street is getting stupid fast for the weight. Running multiple 8 second passes at an event will require the prefect track conditions and a truck that can go rounds so once that happens maybe all this who was first bs will stop.

Congrats to you guys!

What size engine are you guys using 5.9, 6.4, 6.7 or deckplate?

Very, very impressive. I would have thought more with that weight. Is it safe to double your number for a torque number?

Very, very impressive. I would have thought more with that weight. Is it safe to double your number for a torque number?

I haven't read torque on the dyno but it never falls below 3500 rpm down the track so I'd say torque is less than 2400 on the normal bases. Now I could pull the motor down and spray it and make a huge torque number but I have no reason to do that, everything lives a lot longer with less torque.

I haven't read torque on the dyno but it never falls below 3500 rpm down the track so I'd say torque is less than 2400 on the normal bases. Now I could pull the motor down and spray it and make a huge torque number but I have no reason to do that, everything lives a lot longer with less torque.

We are beginning to learn just this. The smaller parts will live longer with more momentum. More momentum either means heavier parts or faster speeds. Guess this is sorta how say a Lenco can survive behind a 10,000rpm 3000HP alcohol engine and not a 1000HP diesel. Of course the over all weight is a big factor as well.

Back