Waterman style fuel pumps, where do u get the hub to drive it off front cover

slor1de

Where have u guys got the weld on or bolt on style hex hub to drive the fuel pump on the front cover on a 12v. I've had very minimal luck searching.

Just the weld on hub or bolt on with the hex end to drive the pump is what I'm after. I already have a pump. I'll try calling some of these guys

Mines a 3/8 impact socket, turned down on the lathe. I took the vacuum pump shaft, cut it down with a cutoff wheel and drilled out the threads in the shaft to like a 1/2" hole. From there I turned the impact socket down so the OD of part of it was .500, pressed it into the shaft, and welded it.

Obviously it needs to be DEAD straight. A slight fluctuation will destroy the pump.

The hardest part is probably figuring out how long it needs to be.

Bigstack thanks that's What I was looking to do something similar if I could. That's probably what I'll do

Mines a 3/8 impact socket, turned down on the lathe. I took the vacuum pump shaft, cut it down with a cutoff wheel and drilled out the threads in the shaft to like a 1/2" hole. From there I turned the impact socket down so the OD of part of it was .500, pressed it into the shaft, and welded it.

Obviously it needs to be DEAD straight. A slight fluctuation will destroy the pump.

The hardest part is probably figuring out how long it needs to be.

Pictures?

This sounds easy if you have a lathe with a dead center which I no longer do...

Back