Waterman style fuel pumps, where do u get the hub to drive it off front cover

slor1de

Where have u guys got the weld on or bolt on style hex hub to drive the fuel pump on the front cover on a 12v. I've had very minimal luck searching.

Usually the same place you get the front cover from is a good place start.

kinsler, crower, hilborn, ron's all have the bolt on drives in different lengths

Just the weld on hub or bolt on with the hex end to drive the pump is what I'm after. I already have a pump. I'll try calling some of these guys

Mines a 3/8 impact socket, turned down on the lathe. I took the vacuum pump shaft, cut it down with a cutoff wheel and drilled out the threads in the shaft to like a 1/2" hole. From there I turned the impact socket down so the OD of part of it was .500, pressed it into the shaft, and welded it.

Obviously it needs to be DEAD straight. A slight fluctuation will destroy the pump.

The hardest part is probably figuring out how long it needs to be.

Bigstack thanks that's What I was looking to do something similar if I could. That's probably what I'll do

Mines a 3/8 impact socket, turned down on the lathe. I took the vacuum pump shaft, cut it down with a cutoff wheel and drilled out the threads in the shaft to like a 1/2" hole. From there I turned the impact socket down so the OD of part of it was .500, pressed it into the shaft, and welded it.

Obviously it needs to be DEAD straight. A slight fluctuation will destroy the pump.

The hardest part is probably figuring out how long it needs to be.

Pictures?

This sounds easy if you have a lathe with a dead center which I no longer do...

Back