Ucc 2017

You show us another 8,800 lb dually running a 10....:pop:

That was a joke.

And you are correct...only II will get money from the event beyond the check. The overall win will in no way increase the punks sales.

It is pointless to argue with you. Rectal-cranial inversion is a horrible disease. Parents....vaccinate your children please. :hehe:

Ok think of this..... Baca came into it with a bad motor and still laid out 2400hp. Lavons setup is obviously geared toward keeping it together, but in this industry what sells the most.... slip times or HP #s....

The real winner is still industrial since they obviously made Lavon feel he had something to prove and they were living rent free on Firepunks brain for him to light his engine bay on fire on the dyno!

Ponies are what drive the sales and frankly for II having sub-par engineering into their setup compared to Firepunk/D&J the ROI for II winning the dyno will be significantly greater.

Imho Reyes has the most impressive setup when his power hooks at the weight he races at.

Apparently you never saw the amount of hours and time that Lavon and the Firepunk Crew put into the motors and setup they brought to this event?
Every shop/team put a lot of dollars into this competition, not just Firepunk. And if you don't think that II put a bunch of money into that Baca's truck also, you're drunk.
Major props to Lavon and team for taking the time to research, fail, research some more and finally come out on top. That team is the winner no matter how you look at it

oh, that's cute, a moral victory. EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY! good to see y'all have fully embraced the millennial way of thinking.

this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. "hey, you can either buy a setup that will make 1000hp on the dyno once or twice and can't make a pass or one that makes 900hp and is the fastest, most reliable truck on the block." which one are you gonna choose?

and again, with the moral victory BS. the REAL winner was Firepunk. literally, they won the event...

edit: oh and everyone is talking about them in a positive light. so keep thinking that they didn't win the PR portion of the event too. clown.

That was a joke.

And you are correct...only II will get money from the event beyond the check. The overall win will in no way increase the punks sales.

It is pointless to argue with you. Rectal-cranial inversion is a horrible disease. Parents....vaccinate your children please. :hehe:

The funny part about watching the bandwagon circle is when the "riders" start to choke on their own dust....

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Didn't Lavon say he had somewhere near $150,000 in last year's setup..... then tack on new head, machining, hard parts, and ect.... for this year and I'd venture to say the break even mark associated with PR is a long shot away.

If I were a brand analyst for them the best thing they should take from this is the idea to capture the momentum and build a more marketable slogan or product for brand identification.

That's how you win at the end of the day..... dollars in the front door!

By the way how'd Firepunk tuning workout with that sigma...:poke:

Apparently you never saw the amount of hours and time that Lavon and the Firepunk Crew put into the motors and setup they brought to this event?
Every shop/team put a lot of dollars into this competition, not just Firepunk. And if you don't think that II put a bunch of money into that Baca's truck also, you're drunk.
Major props to Lavon and team for taking the time to research, fail, research some more and finally come out on top. That team is the winner no matter how you look at it

Hell yeah, rebuilt front end with new wraps expensive lol!

I'm really thinking they need a benchmark for each event, and haisley/Kellogg for the pulls.

The test hook in the sled pulling event was a 3.0" smooth bore truck on DOT tires, and it went further than the truck that won the event, I certainly don't think a Super Stock should be the "benchmark".

The test hook in the sled pulling event was a 3.0" smooth bore truck on DOT tires, and it went further than the truck that won the event, I certainly don't think a Super Stock should be the "benchmark".

Exactly what I was thinking. I bet the sled operator was really giving it some thought as to what settings he would use on such a variety of trucks.

They didn't kick you off this place last year for all the stupid comments?

Stupid to the nut swingers on here is simply calling out proven or provable facts!

Ignorance clouds the void between the mind and the fingertips of many on here. Then call them to the table with details and boom its an echo of luckheaded "I'm rubber, your glue" stylistic bull$hit!

Funny how that works though, when it's the same fan boys everytime!

By the way how'd Firepunk tuning workout with that sigma...:poke:

It worked out EXACTLY how they wanted it to. I already said this on another thread, but one more time for the slow learner, you.

That sigma had nothing to do with winning the dyno. He could've won the overall event with a CR motor on the dyno. That was a PR stunt at its finest. Buzz. Everyone was talking about that and still is. He's playing chess.

It worked out EXACTLY how they wanted it to. I already said this on another thread, but one more time for the slow learner, you.

That sigma had nothing to do with winning the dyno. He could've won the overall event with a CR motor on the dyno. That was a PR stunt at its finest. Buzz. Everyone was talking about that and still is. He's playing chess.
Right lol:nail:
Maybe we should have called Brian Carter like 5 years ago and ask him what it looked like.
You got the point.

Pre-instagram man...if it wasn't on the gram did it even happen?

To hell with social media imo!

Ok, I wasn't aware of that, guess I was thinking super stock since we saw bar tires, and the power level of the top guys seems closer to that, the the smooth bore classes. I still stick with the benchmark idea though, I mean ii can only successfully compete in the one event, why make them embarrass themselves in the other two?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back