How do I get in touch with NADM?

5.9inline

I was hoping I could get some help from fellow board members. I haven't been able to get in touch with NADM. I have tried calling several times left messages have never been able to get someone on the phone or to return my calls. I joined the club back in July at Piitburgh Raceway Park and haven't recieved my subscription to Diesel World magazine. I placed 2nd in the overall 3 race program and was told I would recieve $200 and a t-shirt. Non of which have I seen yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jon.

I joined on April 11 at Rockingham, NC. I emailed them several times in May and finally got a response from Carrie Martin. It took a couple of weeks before I got my membership package, I have only gotten 2 newsletters (both of those were because I emailed them about it) and have not received any issues of Diesel World magazine.

I can tell you it's not NADM that's the reason you're not receiving any magazines. I've been a member for several years in a row and very intermittently receive the magazine. If it's the reason you signed up, you signed up for the wrong reason. You need to call DW and talk to them about not receiving anything. Tell them you're a NADM member

I can also tell you they've had growing pains as far as the membership packages. This season is over anyway so, you'd need to sign up next year for that season.

I don't know what the plan is for next year but, this last one they didn't send them out. They gave them to you at the event. All the members are listed in their files and when you sign up at the race, they look you up and give you the package.

Be patience if you want to talk to some one. They're all at SEMA right now and have been preparing to go the last few weeks.

Thankyou for the information. I will give Diesel World a call and see what they have to say. I wouldn't say that the subcrition the the magazine was the reason for joining the club but it was one of the perks for $60.

As far as signing up next year the way I have been treated and the lack of communication on their end I highly doubt it!!!!!!

As far as signing up next year the way I have been treated and the lack of communication on their end I highly doubt it!!!!!!

Understand, this last year was only their second year and the reorganization takes a little time to get worked out.

Also, NADM has the highest pay out of any of the diesel organizations and the only way to have a chance at that purse is to sign up for a membership. Don't be so discourage

Believe me I would love to continue to participate in thier future events. Allthough if their not going to make good on their purse than what good is it!!!

I do know several sponsors haven't paid them either which is where the payouts come from. This economy has put a hurting and many. They can't be expected to come out of pocket to pay what their sponsors haven't but, you'll find they just might if they have too.

I sure hope so. All this talk of the bad economy which believe me I'm feeling as well, they are experiencing growing pains!! I wonder how long they will be having that problem without making good to their participants. At $60 for membership as well as entry fees they would seem pretty well off.

this is the problem with so many who expect soo much. You wouldn't believe what it takes to put on an event. Typically a minimum of $5 to $7000 just to rent the track. Advertising, trophies, purses.... it can get into the 10's of thousands just to put on one event. They do close to 30 a year I believe. They spent a bit over 30K at their PA event and that's just one event. Gates, entry fees and/or membership fees barely cover it all. They write checks to winners on the spot... none of this we'll mail it to you or contingency stuff. On top of that, imagine having the sponsors who promised money they never receive.

Then the lack of turn out at events is a problem too. Unless we as racers show up, it makes it hard for them to acquire sponsoring. NADM is one organization you'll never hear about not paying out. They do what they can with what they have. IMO, they do a damn good job at it.

Ask not what the NADM can do for you, but what you can do for the NADM.

I signed up late in the season last year just to be a part of it.
I've never received the magazine, but the mag is no big deal to me personally. Nor the membership card. No biggy.

I signed up because I want to see Diesel engines rule the world!
I'll sign up next year for the same reason.

I also supported the NHRDA by dealing with their sponsers.

Believe me I understand whats involved in organizing and putting on an event I have been drag racing for nearly 20 years. The 3 series race I participated in was held at Pittsburgh Raceway Park and was run with their normal race program. I did not recieve a check on the spot!!

As far as bettering the sport and seeing diesel engines rule the world hay I'm all for that. Im a diesel mechanic and own one as well, I to would like to see their presence increase in motorsports and believe we are on the ground floor of doing just that. All we need is a organization that makes good on their promises.

Thankyou, I sent him a pm about a week ago and have never herd back from him.

I answer all of my PMs and never got one from you DUDE!

I think you might be talking about the wrong race in Pittsburg - that's an affiliate race which is run by someone else . . . or

. .. We always pay at the track and never give a t-shirt - might be talking about someone else!

That's why an 800 number is on our website along with emails covering different subjects - never got one from you.

Private PM me your name and what race/event???? instead of squawking online!

We will run down who you are, what if any you are owed and get it to you in a timely manner!

Screwed! Harsh words from somebody that doesn't appreciate what we do for the sport!

We payed out the largest cash purse this year in PA in cash at the track - $31,500!

Identify yourself and we'll make it right!:poke:

Sent you a PM, happy to identify myself. I'm not trying to start a battle here just trying to get the situation rectified. As said earlier I called many times the 800 number and left several messages and no one has ever returned my calls. Maybe I was mislead, but how about returning some phone calls and trying to make right on the situation. Several people apparently havn't recieved any mags or id cards. Appreciate what you have done for the sport. Yes I do, I hope to see it continue to grow as I stated earlier just with an association that stands behind their promises!!

Sent you a PM, happy to identify myself. I'm not trying to start a battle here just trying to get the situation rectified. As said earlier I called many times the 800 number and left several messages and no one has ever returned my calls. Maybe I was mislead, but how about returning some phone calls and trying to make right on the situation. Several people apparently havn't recieved any mags or id cards. Appreciate what you have done for the sport. Yes I do, I hope to see it continue to grow as I stated earlier just with an association that stands behind their promises!!

So was it even an NADM event or an affiliate event? Or do you know? You never answered that part.

I attached the conversation through pm's between Ryan (KeystoneRam) and myself. Maybe I was mislead!

I completely understand your discust in this matter. I spoke with the one owner of the NADM this past weekend. He was personally going to put the checks into the mail this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9inline
Hello Ryan, I still havn't recieved anything yet. I have tried to contact NADM myself and have had no luck getting anyone on the phone or any return phone calls. I feel it's a real detriment to be treated this way by a suposed organized form of racing. I have participated in drag racing for 20 years at tracks all over the country and have neaver been treated in such a way. I hope NADM can rectify the problem and help pave the way in an new upcoming form of racing. I relize this is not your fault and am mearly venting to you my discoust. Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneRam
My computer has been broke for a week. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The checks are going to be cut this week. They had a national event to get through this past weekend and they will be sent out.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jon,

What size T-shirt do you wear?

Thanks for coming out and racing. I hope you had a good time. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello Ryan, I havn't recieved ant Diesel World mag's yet or t-shirt and payout. Just wondering when I should expect to see them. Thanks, Jon.

The T-shirt will probably be a while out. I know they where going to order some new one's but not sure when. I will check on the other things.

Any word yet? Thanks, Jon.

unfortunately for you dude, there is no Ryan that works for NADM. That was a affiliate race in which NADM offered some help. If you didn't get paid... you're biotching at the wrong people. NADM again has gone above and beyond by helping these small " local " events by letting them use the NADM name in hopes of drawing a larger crowd.

As I said, Diesel World is the reason you haven't received a mag.... not the people you're biotching at.

Like Jeff said above.... who cares about a mag or a T-shirt, if you want to help better the sport and organization... do it because you know it takes money and support for these guys to even put on a event.

Back