New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

Had a good day, made some great progress with tuning thanks to Dominic at Tenacity Tuning. Ran a nice and easy 6.61 @ 107 with only 1650us of fuel.

3adbc0d3985888da705263001c7355fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shewwww man, finally an ending to several weeks of hard work and no sleep!

I got the engine finished in my buddy Jacobs truck Friday evening, so me Chris Perales, and Jacob put it in Saturday at my house. Sunday morning I fired it up and had to fix and oil pan leak along with a few other issues, and Jacob picked it up Monday evening after he got off work from a 16hr workday. Jacobs works a lot of 16hr days and hasn't been able to race in a couple years, so we really wanted to get him going. He brought the truck to Florida, arriving at 3:30am with Chris. The last bolt was installed in the second round of qualifying for 7.70, so he missed the first. Jacob went on to win the 7.70 class on Saturday on a fresh engine, untested, and hasn't been racing in two years. It was our highlight of the weekend.

As for my truck, I came into testing Thursday with tuning issues before Dominic came on board. I installed his tune and went from a 7.3 to a 6.61 at only 1650us of fuel. I pulled a little out of it and had my 6.70 tuneup for the weekend. As for Pro Limited, we went up to 1950us and ran a 6.41 with a 1.46 60ft. I didn't have the nitrous system installed completely so I couldn't use it for my runs, I believe Chris Buhider won that class with a 5.80 so it would have taken a bit more than what a .052 jet could provide.

I have been having an issue with the injectors hanging wide open, you can see it happen in the video. All off a sudden they hang so bad it kills the truck. I talked with Lavon and Lyn Miller about it and they gave me some Hotshots Secret lubricity additive that seems to have solved the issue so far.

All in all I am happy with how it all performed for a completely new build. Now I just need to keep refining and get a chassis cert and my license so I can go faster. I really need a new set of bigger injectors, so I gotta start saving for that too.

I got a shot in GregA video (at 3:50), and a one of my runs in a Firepunk video (at 10:22). Thats pretty awesome, the exposure I can get the better. Hopefully I can get some good sponsers and help me afford the extremely expensive sport.

First Gen Cummins needs some SERIOUS Help!!! - YouTube

ODSS SUNCOAST SPRING SHAKEDOWN 2020 - YouTube

A short video I made with all my passes from.

Shawtys first passes at Emerald Coast Raceway - YouTube

Last edited:
I just watched GregA video last night and was like GO BODIE! haha

I was very impressed with how it launched, looked very under control.

Back