New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

QUOTE=clarkoh;2720846]Awesome build. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it!

I see you’re using the heat function on that mini split.

Your damn close. Why is it that we garage wrenching goofs always run things down to the last minute and do our best work under a time crunch?

You’re damn right! Lol I’ve had it maxed out on heat trying to dry paint all weekend. I bought the hardener for summer, so it will never cure at 40-50*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate painting. It is probably my weakest skill because I don’t have the patience for it, and the waiting to watch it dry is miserable. Either way, the first round of painting is done and I am about to start the second round, then I can install windows. This is just a primer sealer, it’s honestly a little more glossy then I would have preferred but this is fairly temporary for this season.

addf1fdbb3c0ec62ea56c440b1ab9365.jpg

d04dc90b2ba3b07badc449ad243b84d8.jpg

d74cbf53165e61136717d6a78956ea67.jpg

e857f6789a40be06293f8e5d70bbdc2d.jpg

Looks good. All the work is in the prep. Shooting the color is the most satisfying part for me.

Any clear or just color? Paint adds weight.

Looks good. All the work is in the prep. Shooting the color is the most satisfying part for me.

Any clear or just color? Paint adds weight.

It’s just primer, I just want it all the same color.

There's the teaser,,,,, How did she run?
Build came out really nice.. Time slips please

Took half the day off to spend some time with the fam... haven’t really seen them much in the past four weeks. The truck did well but the tune would not let it make any power, this is a newer ECM than I am used to so it has more tables that I need to figure out. My fastest pass was a 7.60 I think with only 1200us of fuel, 20* timing, and 23k rail pressure... it should have been 1600us/32*, and 29k of RP. As soon as it built boost, it would cut everything back, logs said the fuel correction was from max airflow limiter... mechanically everything was great, truck felt painfully slow at a 1.73 60ft, so that’s a good thing. No wiggling, pulling, or drama.

March 1, 2020 - YouTube

There's the teaser,,,,, How did she run?
Build came out really nice.. Time slips please

I appreciate it, the truck did well for shake down passes. I am going to go over everything and try to get this tune lined out, then I can spray it.

I need to get moving on mine lol. Truck turned out sweet man! All this white stuff on the ground here has been a buzz kill on progress for me

I appreciate it, one thing I dont have to worry about is snow. lol

Awesome. Just awesome Bodie. Hard to tell from a small phone screen but the truck looks like it drove well. Just severely under powered, which you said is tuning.

I love your cheering fans in the video. Cracked me up!

Gonna make a run at Battle of the Alamo no prep event this weekend? Might be in the area, and would love to see a good run. Awesome work so far man!
Makes me wanna say F-it, and really get serious with mine. Kinda jealous, lol.

Awesome. Just awesome Bodie. Hard to tell from a small phone screen but the truck looks like it drove well. Just severely under powered, which you said is tuning.

I love your cheering fans in the video. Cracked me up!

Yessir, the truck drives good with the rack and pinion steering, not the greatest at slow speeds with radials but its fine. Those were my buddies kids. lol

Gonna make a run at Battle of the Alamo no prep event this weekend? Might be in the area, and would love to see a good run. Awesome work so far man!
Makes me wanna say F-it, and really get serious with mine. Kinda jealous, lol.

I dont think so, I have been building an engine for a buddy after work this week, we are going to put it in Saturday so he can run in 7.70 in Florida next weekend.

Awesome man truck looks great. Cant wait until you get the tuning worked out and can make a full tilt pass with spray. Amazing job man

Back