August Texas Diesel Shootout - August 5th

I will be carrying next time we go back to rpr no question about it!

No point in carrying unless you do it all the time. Otherwise, you're just hoping nobody messes with you when you don't. I'm not supposed to carry at work, but guarantee you its less than a foot from me right now. :D

No point in carrying unless you do it all the time. Otherwise, you're just hoping nobody messes with you when you don't. I'm not supposed to carry at work, but guarantee you its less than a foot from me right now. :D

Well I usually do carry my little .380 ruger on me and keep my glock in the truck but I didnt have either on me at the time.

OK guys, lets just step back for a second.

First, Neither I, nor anyone else associated with the Texas Diesel Shootout would condone taking the law into your own hands in a situation like this. There is a sheriff's officer posted at the front gate of RPR, and should be the first contact to make in the event something that that would happen again. At least then you can point out who the troublemaker was if they try to leave.

I understand the frustration over what happened last week, but I hardly see it as a case for gun fire, and either killing someone, or putting your self in the position to get killed. Even if you have a gun on ya, chances are you won't be the only one. Like someone said, this is Texas after all.

Y'all are all grown men, you know what you can and can do, or what you should and shouldn't do.

That being said, I would highly recommend not talking about carrying a gun to the track on an open forum here. You're just leaving yourself open to a liability at a minimum.

Now, we all know this was an isolated event. And as many years as we have been holding the TDS in Baytown, this is the first time anything like this has happened. I doubt that whoever it was doing the donuts that threw rocks all over Chris' truck was doing it to intentionally damage his truck. It was probably just "that guy" that shows up at all the events and thinks he'll be the badass that does a burnout, when in fact he's the douchebag throwing rocks all over other people's rides. You know every track in the country has that same azzhole, and he's usually at all the diesel events too.

Back