August Texas Diesel Shootout - August 5th

I have to say, though, the most impressive run was blackdieselram running a 10.7. He drove the truck from Victoria, ran it on cheap street tires, and with a single S469.

My 2nd run sucked hope you got my 1st one. I am real interested to see what the truck was doing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Agreed, I was floored when I was told what he ran in that truck. Apparently that rig is right. With good cold temps, slicks and tuning that truck could be a 10:4 or so fairly easy.

Baytown has been getting shady here lately. I'm going to sealy next time I go out. Alot less people let's you make more passes.

Baytown has been getting shady here lately. I'm going to sealy next time I go out. Alot less people let's you make more passes.

Yes it has its almost got to be like hmp with alot less security. The sheriff told me my job is to stay with the $ at the gate if something happens i cant leave and have to call outside patrol to come in. Atleast hmp has security all over the place to police the idiots. I think we will be going to evadale our next few times out not many vato's over there to **** your **** all up.

Yes it has its almost got to be like hmp with alot less security. The sheriff told me my job is to stay with the $ at the gate if something happens i cant leave and have to call outside patrol to come in. Atleast hmp has security all over the place to police the idiots. I think we will be going to evadale our next few times out not many vato's over there to **** your **** all up.

It is one unfortunate deal with our group but lets not throw in the towel yet. It is one of the best tracks in the nation and they support diesels big time. Besides we put a whooping on the majority of those trucks they drive anyway.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

I just don't like the crowd. You don't even have to wait on a Saturday to make passes.

And it's getting as ghetto as hmp

i had a great time last night, sucks that some people have to ruin it for others.
i still have a lot of tuning to do with my truck, i think it has more in it once i get it all dialed in. i really wasnt expecting to get that far into the 10s. hopefully it will be running better next time since now i have to race my daily driver with the pro street guys lol
it was good meeting some of you guys and putting a face to a name.

One instance.....in as many years as we have been having races at Baytown and we have only had ONE isolated event. I'd have to call that pretty good in my book

The staff at Royal Purple Race way have gone above and beyond to support the diesel racing community. Hell, we have our own lane on Texas Diesel Shootout nights. And we ALWAYS get great exposure from Scott the track announcer.

If you were to actually show up to one of these events, you would see how much the crowd at the track reacts to the diesels when they run. When Max and David ran the Prostreet race last night, that place lit up. I have never seen or heard any negative comments directed towards our crowd.

I've never been to Sealy, so I can comment on the crown there, but the people i see at RPR are always a decent crowd. Yeah, there's always "that guy", but he usually shows up at every track in the country.

As far as the Texas Diesel Shootout is concerned, it will continue to be held at Royal Purple Raceway.

gitchesum said:
If you were to actually show up to one of these events, you would see how much the crowd at the track reacts to the diesels when they run. When Max and David ran the Prostreet race last night, that place lit up. I have never seen or heard any negative comments directed towards our crowd.
lol. Cuz I've never been to a Tds? I think I was at the first one held. Was there when it would switch from track to track. Won a gift certificate. A trophy. Got beat by stelly more than I beat him. Only been a few times to watch this year because I've been building the Dually and makin sure it's ready. And i'm not asking to move the Tds, Idc where y'all have it. I just got burnt out with how long you would have to wait to make a pass at hrp. There for a while you were lucky to get in 3-4 a night. And sealy is closer for us.

i had a great time last night, sucks that some people have to ruin it for others.
i still have a lot of tuning to do with my truck, i think it has more in it once i get it all dialed in. i really wasnt expecting to get that far into the 10s. hopefully it will be running better next time since now i have to race my daily driver with the pro street guys lol
it was good meeting some of you guys and putting a face to a name.
gonna need a cage to keep running prostreet as you know. That or detune it for the dd class and it might actually stay your dd. Don't get me wrong we would love another truck to run ps with especially a serious sleeper like yours. You would just be faced with it not being your dd at some point.

Try to get a hold of Joe Hellmann. Last time I was over there he had a few 3rd gen roll bar hoops on the wall he can do one that doesn't show outside of the truck.

Back