Can't seem to make any power???

Thats what Im after! Isn't it kind of surprising though that it doesnt smoke at all given my setup?

I think that's surprising. You should get smoke if you've messed with the AFC and mash the pedal from low RPMS.

Check also that the shut off solenoid bracket/arm are on the arm coming out of the ppump correctly. There should be a woodruff key in there. If it doesn't take it to the right position, you wont get all of the fuel, and when mine was off, it wouldn't smoke or push more than maybe 10psi.

Another thing, where did you get the gov springs from? I love my Haisley's. I left them loose, (two clicks in) so that I have a strong idle. It maxes around 3800rpm instead of the 4300 most people get, but it's worth it for daily driving and starting in the cold.

Btw my fuel shut off arm is pulled towards the front of the engine (counter clockwise) for fuel, and pulled towards the cab (clockwise) to shut it off.

I'm not sure I'll have to look at it tomorrow. Is that an external fix? That would be awesome if this was all my problem was! I'll try to take a pic in a bit.

You need a boost, Pyro, and a way to check your fuel pressure.
You also need to stop making changes until you figure out what is deficient.

I don't think the afc is traveling.

It's on the outside.. that shutoff shaft has a key way on it. If you removed the shutoff lever from the shaft and lost that key, the lever most likely is slipping on the shaft.

My arm is straight up and down. I just took a pic but I'm on my phone sitting in a non destructive testing class. It won't let me post it.

So you lost the woodruff key that goes on the shaft?

It's on the outside.. that shutoff shaft has a key way on it. If you removed the shutoff lever from the shaft and lost that key, the lever most likely is slipping on the shaft.

That's exactly how I lost mine. Didn't notice until the drive to work the next day. It won't slip without one though, just tighten the pinch bolt. I know because I have a good 20k without one. Laziness and not being able to find a key until recently made that happen.

PAC brake is the brand I bought them on eBay. Well I sure as heck don't need a worse idle...

PAC brake makes pretty decent stuff from what I've heard. You'll be fine.

So ok tork tek will probably be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Gov spring kit probably thursday or friday. On the off chance this doesnt fix my fueling issue could it be a dying IP? I have never heard of a p7100 going bad or that its very rare. Low fuel pressure would equate to low fuel volume so I guess Im on the right path. Really hoping this OFV helps the cause. Im worried after I get it dialed in after all of the mods Iv already done that the trans will come apart haha.

The lever on my '94 goes further forward than vertical I'm pretty sure. Recently my pull in coil has been failing so I have to leave the key on and pull the fuel lever to the hold in coil by hand for it to snap into open. Pretty positive it's past vertical.

machine .020-.030" off the bottom of the pac brake governor spring seats before you put them in, pac brake gsk's are bad about idle quality/starting without pedal input

seth at farrell diesel gave me this advice and it cured my lopey idle in gear and having to pedal her to start, now i can run 3 clicks in

So ok tork tek will probably be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Gov spring kit probably thursday or friday. On the off chance this doesnt fix my fueling issue could it be a dying IP? I have never heard of a p7100 going bad or that its very rare. Low fuel pressure would equate to low fuel volume so I guess Im on the right path. Really hoping this OFV helps the cause. Im worried after I get it dialed in after all of the mods Iv already done that the trans will come apart haha.

When my stock OFV spring broke, I had shotty power and really terrible idle. It'd die on me without throttle input.

Alright fella's I installed the 4k springs and holy cow did it make a HUGE difference. driveability is amazing. I ran mine two clicks as suggested and I have no starting or throttle hanging issues. It pulls good in midrange and full throttle. I butt-dyno estimate a 75 hp increase. I even got a little puff of smoke at WOT. Idle quality still sucks. It actually has dropped rpms at idle from 750-800 to around 600. When the tork tek gets here tomorrow I'll see what it does and then adjust the idle accordingly. I think we are getting somewhere boys! my fuel shutoff arm is in the correct position too. I really feel like the tork tek will fix the rest of my issues then it will just be afc tuning from there. I am grateful for these issues in a way because I have learned ALOT about the p24v setup and what it should/shouldnt do/sound like etc. You guys are a wealth of knowledge and I thank you! I will post up my results Friday. Oh also I have noticed (not much) but my truck is kind of hazy at idle its a white smoke. Is that a sign of low fuel pressure? This is cold and warm, worse at first cold start for about 5 minutes.

my idle is terribly lopey. Id almost call it "chuggy" as soon as I bump the throttle it will clean up but I have to keep my foot on the pedal to get it to maintain a steady idle. I hope this tork tek will be the "solve all fix all" lol.I ordered the one for 42-47psi fuel pressure, I believe it was the stage two OFV.

You'll need to adjust the idle back up using the idle adjustment bolt at the rear of the pump. That may be some of the problem with the idle. The white smoke was always related to timing on my p24. Not at initial startup of course, but once warmed up.

Yeah, you need to snake you arm down under brake lines, and then back up behind the pump with a 10mm wrench. There is a lock nut on the bottom (I think the lock nut is on the bottom), and then you adjust the top to adjust idle.
Don't quote me on it because it's been a couple years since I've had to mess with idle.

I wouldn't mes with your idle yet though. Get the OFV on, warm up the truck, and then adjust it.

Putting in your gov springs should have made the idle go up, so it's weird that it went down. That could mean that someone before you tried weird stuff with your gov springs and the idle spring (biggest spring) was from something else.

One more thing to check is your fuel heater. I know on 12V's the heater itself gets too hot, melts the plastic a little, and then they suck air from there. I don't remember if the VP's have the same issue, but it's worth checking out. If nothing else, there's a screen in there that you should clean from time to time (every 50-100k). And make sure your fuel filter is clean too.

Good luck and report back!

There isn't a fuel heater on this truck. Just got word the OFV is at my house. Will put it on as soon a I get home and will let y'all know!

Back