Test drove a 2012 F350 and was absolutely disgusted!

Joesixpack

Pull'n it.
With how much I liked the damn thing.......:bang

Rode like a dream, don't know how a fixed front axle could ride that smooth.....one ton to boot.

How it sits on the lot.....

P1010410.jpg

Power seems pretty decent (they're all gutless after you've drove more than double the power).

Was pretty set on a 2012 GMC Sierra Denali and after driving both today...LOL not so much....:bang

The displayed mileage was a downer though....with the big boots and lift it was sitting right at 15MPG (US).......So I'm clinging to that for a reason that I didn't cut a cheque right then and there......:hehe:

I've got the identical truck but without flares and different wheels, no regrets here! 15mpg city-19mpg highway with 13.5"wide 20" wheels. Runs great, and it's QUIET!!! Can easily go through a drive-thru and order without shutting the truck off.

No doubt about it, those are nice trucks that are a dream to drive.. But the front end is so damn gaudy to me. Just big chunks of plastic chrome.

My bosses trucks get pretty decent fuel. Economy ... but we did tune them and the power is snappy (this is with 35s and our Tuning )

They are nice trucks, I looked at a 3500 SRW over the weekend. If I had 60k laying around I'd be hard pressed to buy a Ford diesel given their track record over the last few years and all the motor changes/manufacture swaps etc.

Chris go for the ford. I miss my 2010 every day. With just a tuner they get great fuel mileage and power is great too. Very easy to get over 500 hp and very driveable too at that power. I wouldnt even hesitate to buy a new ford IMHO

Nice truck, junk engine.

I think you are a little misinformed there. They are a good engine.. it is a great time to be a diesel fan right now. All the big three are offering good diesel engines now. One thing that the ford does have an advantage with is the tranny, they have pretty much the toughest tranny stock going right now

I like my 2011. I wouldn't take 2 of the 6.4's for it! It doesn't run as good as my 6.4 would with a tuner and straight pipe on them but alot more reliable..

Sharp looking truck!! Throw a tune on that thing and drive it. They are really quiet and very comfortable!

That's my plan. Small tune, delete and drive it. My '05 Dodge had twin chargers/pumps and a 6 speed. Ran good but it's nice to have a quiet truck with an interior WAY nicer and more room and I don't have to work on it!

Seems good so far.

They have only been out 2 years.

I think you are a little misinformed there. They are a good engine.
Not really. Its a weak design cloned from GM's 4.5L LMK with very weak rods and very poorly designed turbo that causes extreme drive pressures.

it is a great time to be a diesel fan right now.
Besides high flow EGRs, DPFs, Urea injection and $900/ea injectors.

All the big three are offering good diesel engines now.
Just Dodge and GM, but the Cummins hasn't fundamentally changed in 24 years and the Durmax hasn't changed in 12 years. While Ford has gone through 5 completely different engine designs in that same time.

One thing that the ford does have an advantage with is the tranny, they have pretty much the toughest tranny stock going right now
Doesn't do much good when the engine doesn't support much power above stock without having to replace half it's internals just to keep itself from daylighting the block (remind anyone of the 6.5?).

Last edited:
Chris, what don't you like about the new Rams??

I know the Fords and GM'd are bad arse too, but i love my '12 Ram.
Deleted, Exhaust, & and a Minimax.. Mileage is up and power is decent.

Have heard the tranny's are tough in these Fords though.

Back