Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Cam, 57's and good ecm tune. Leave the piston burning 58's in the box unless your using monotherm pistons. Acert twins are great on them, just need a strip of steel to mount them to the block.

If you have to buy a crank get an Acert crank and use the better rotating assembly.

Actually gonna use Acert rotating assembly, with 16:1 mono therms.

What's the chance of finding a set of 57s that aren't gonna stumble and shake with the 800 cam though. Been running 58s in 3 different trucks now without burnin anything up........yet

What's the chance of finding a set of 57s that aren't gonna stumble and shake with the 800 cam though. Been running 58s in 3 different trucks now without burnin anything up........yet

I've never had 57's and an 800 cam run bad. If your using Acert Pistons use Acert injectors. They're almost 58's and have the right spray angle for the bowl.

I've never had 57's and an 800 cam run bad. If your using Acert Pistons use Acert injectors. They're almost 58's and have the right spray angle for the bowl.[/
Exodus diesel says they can cut the bowls to 16:1 and match an e model or 6nz shape. Still exploring my options. How are you supposed to match trims using Acert injectors? Or are you forced to put default trim across the board?

I've never had 57's and an 800 cam run bad. If your using Acert Pistons use Acert injectors. They're almost 58's and have the right spray angle for the bowl.[/
Exodus diesel says they can cut the bowls to 16:1 and match an e model or 6nz shape. Still exploring my options. How are you supposed to match trims using Acert injectors? Or are you forced to put default trim across the board?

Just default them or get a matched set. We cut them to match the 16:1 Acert not the older engines.
6226c0e4b767f0c6ad1bf68271dbfac1.jpg

Never measured to see if they're different but a mismatched spray pattern will let you know.
234177a5780a577e86caade48d6b5f5b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks just like the last set I got. This company said that they match the bowls to the older style. May give it a try, thanks again

Here is a 14:1 marine E crown and a standard 6nz crown, the bowls have much more depth to them then the acert pistons.

One thing to be weary of is that if they are machining the bowl without having cut a piston in half to check thickness of the bottom of combustion chamber as the friction welded pistons have an oil chamber under the bowl to help pull heat away.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 0
So if a guy is looking to delete an isx... what's the best route? Who's turbo, manifold, and tunes??
It's an 04 870.

Guy I work with runs a 06 Pete with a c13. He hates it's. Says the mileage is terrible. I told him I might know someone that can help. So how do you make these things run good?

Or can they?
He's wanting to swap it out for something else.

Driver said check engine light cam on. Ran it to next offramp, well tried to anyway

Attachments

• 20161103_151810_HDR.jpg
    20161103_151810_HDR.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 0
Guy I work with runs a 06 Pete with a c13. He hates it's. Says the mileage is terrible. I told him I might know someone that can help. So how do you make these things run good?

Or can they?
He's wanting to swap it out for something else.

Check for boost leaks, any leak like a cracked bellow between the chargers will murder performance. Once everything is good, tune it. 550hp to the ground and they really are tough little motors.

If you really want to swap it it's not that bad of a job.

Check for boost leaks, any leak like a cracked bellow between the chargers will murder performance. Once everything is good, tune it. 550hp to the ground and they really are tough little motors.

If you really want to swap it it's not that bad of a job.

He says he can push 50 lbs of boost easily. I'm not sure what those twins will do. The motor has had a rebuild 200 k km ago so should be good on that end. Whose tune would you reccomend? I got a decent jump in mileage and power on my dd with a tune. Can these motors see a noticeable incresase as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

C13, do the oil pump and filter base update ASAP, do cam and followers at 600k. If I was going to keep one I would do a bearing roll along with the lube system update.

Have you guys had trouble with head bolts yielding on C13's?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

He says he can push 50 lbs of boost easily. I'm not sure what those twins will do. The motor has had a rebuild 200 k km ago so should be good on that end. Whose tune would you reccomend? I got a decent jump in mileage and power on my dd with a tune. Can these motors see a noticeable incresase as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Night and day difference in the way they run.

C13, do the oil pump and filter base update ASAP, do cam and followers at 600k. If I was going to keep one I would do a bearing roll along with the lube system update.

Have you guys had trouble with head bolts yielding on C13's?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Oil cooler too. They usually chit the bed at 500k

Back