Prostreet driveshaft

AHall

Hobbyist
Just curious what's been holding up and what works well for a rear d-shaft on a prostreet truck ~4500lbs w/ 9". Haven't seen any billet 1480 yokes for the 9" and not sure that you'd ever need that much. Success with aluminum or steel? Foam filled? Custom built?

What are you looking for exactly.....

You can't make a driveshaft work with.....

4500 lbs and a 9" that is usless info...

You need to give specific info to make a shaft that is going to work with the vehicle and use its going to see.

1. length
2. transmission / 1st gear ratio
3. hp
4. weight
5. rpm

Now you can get an answer and options...

What are you looking for exactly.....

You can't make a driveshaft work with.....

4500 lbs and a 9" that is usless info...

You need to give specific info to make a shaft that is going to work with the vehicle and use its going to see.

1. length
2. transmission / 1st gear ratio
3. hp
4. weight
5. rpm

Now you can get an answer and options...

OKAY.

Lets say,

1. 77"
2. 2.45
3. 900hp
4. 4650
5. 4500 rpm shift point.

900 gas hp or diesel hp ? ?

In the driveline world when you give me 77" that is center to center on the joints in the shaft.

So that is understood, i'll be figuring out 77" on center vs hp vs tq x 1st gear, weight added by rpm....

So lets not say "lets say", lets be pretty factual unless you want a issue that like poor girl down in Texas

Last edited:

In the driveline world when you give me 77" that is center to center on the joints in the shaft.

So that is understood, i'll be figuring out 77" on center vs hp vs tq x 1st gear, weight added by rpm....

So lets not say "lets say", lets be pretty factual unless you want a issue that like poor girl down in Texas

You missed the point of the OP by so far I don't think your even on his horizon.

So that is understood, i'll be figuring out 77" on center vs hp vs tq x 1st.l gear, weight added by rpm....

A. This is a diesel forum.
B. I know how to measure a fuggin driveline.
C. You come across as a d!ck, and I will not do buissiness with you.

Would a 1480 joint be stronger than the pinion? just wondering if a 1/2 ton "style" axle needs that much joint.

im wondering the same as the o.p.
i have an alum. 1350 shaft for my 1/2 ton. will it last?

Y'all ran him off before I could ask my ? Just how does diesel HP differ from gas HP? I'm not a driveshaft guru, but I would be more concerned in torque #'s than HP. Of course, I guess that's what I've been doing wrong, you know using gas 13 series joints instead of diesel 13 series joints!

Would a 1480 joint be stronger than the pinion? just wondering if a 1/2 ton "style" axle needs that much joint.

The 9" doesn't really need the 1480 at a lower weight. But you can't beat the price of an OEM driveshaft instead of an all custom 1350 chromoly setup.

A. This is a diesel forum.
B. I know how to measure a fuggin driveline.
C. You come across as a d!ck, and I will not do buissiness with you.

Really... Well 1, Im not assuming anything because it's diesel forum, 2. i have met more than 1000 people that said that, and more than 70 that make the same damned mistakes, 3. im not looking for business...

You want the right info, just answer the questions.

Last edited:

By going to a 1480 series the 9" will break 1st.

Y'all ran him off before I could ask my ? Just how does diesel HP differ from gas HP? I'm not a driveshaft guru, but I would be more concerned in torque #'s than HP. Of course, I guess that's what I've been doing wrong, you know using gas 13 series joints instead of diesel 13 series joints!

Just because someone acts an ass and can't answer the question only shows they can't measure or figure the parameters for a shaft, and are acting like the dick they seem to not like.

As for the difference in diesel hp vs gas hp, usually 600 or more ft lbs.

Which brings into play more figures when looking for which diameter and material.

Really... Well 1, Im not assuming anything because it's diesel forum, 2. i have met more than 1000 people that said that, and more than 70 that make the same damned mistakes, 3. im not looking for business...

You want the right info, just answer the questions.

I answered your questions. You haven't given me one reason to think you have any credibility.

By going to a 1480 series the 9" will break 1st.

I'd love to hear your explination on that. Because folks I'm dealing with at Strange disagree.

Just because someone acts an ass and can't answer the question only shows they can't measure or figure the parameters for a shaft, and are acting like the dick they seem to not like.

Really? I'm being a d!ck? You asked for dimensions, I gave them, you got all pissy, and still didn't provide any info.

As for the difference in diesel hp vs gas hp, usually 600 or more ft lbs.

Which brings into play more figures when looking for which diameter and material.

Back