Corvette exhaust

Since he hasn't posted in a couple days his shop is http://www.passengerindustries.com/

Edit: Dave will probably kill me the next time I see him for posting that, as he is a welder / machinist not a web designer and doesn't update nearly often enough... :shake:

Lol, yeah, maybe I will do an update this year, and than leave it for another:hehe:
I should really start taking pics of the stuff I do weekly to compile a gallery, but it just doesn't occur to me very often to take pictures of my parts.

I was showing this to my father and we were debating what year the car was. I'd like to know who's right. :D

Genius idea on the sanitary clamps with aluminum gaskets. Makes teardown a breeze and I imagine it seals tighter than any v band would.

Nice try y's! What kind of ls build is it? My buddy is putting the finishing touches on his 438" carb'd lsx block build with 390 cfm ls7 based ET Performance (whatever their new name is now) heads and a hydraulic roller. Going in his 68 camaro. With the previous 404" 6.0 litre build he went 10.11 at 130 or so with less than optimal gear. Pump gas motor. These motors are awesome and I miss my previous 01 camaro every day!

I was showing this to my father and we were debating what year the car was. I'd like to know who's right. :D

Genius idea on the sanitary clamps with aluminum gaskets. Makes teardown a breeze and I imagine it seals tighter than any v band would.

The body is a '62, the chassis is a bastard mix of that and I believe a '96. Yeah I really prefer the sanitary tri clamps over standard bands, not only do they seal better, but they look a lot better and you don't have any of those cheesy stamped clamps to deal with.

Nice try y's! What kind of ls build is it? My buddy is putting the finishing touches on his 438" carb'd lsx block build with 390 cfm ls7 based ET Performance (whatever their new name is now) heads and a hydraulic roller. Going in his 68 camaro. With the previous 404" 6.0 litre build he went 10.11 at 130 or so with less than optimal gear. Pump gas motor. These motors are awesome and I miss my previous 01 camaro every day!

Its an LSX 7.3L, the engine was built by a shop in California, can't remember who, they ran it on an engine dyno and iirc it was in 550-600hp with matching torque.
I lifted the body off with my lead hand several times during the process so the whole car can't be that heavy, I'd be surprised if it weighed any or much over 3000lbs. Sounds like a recipe for fun!

The transition inside the flange for the LS7 'D' shape exhaust port is very trick. :bow:

I'll have to remember that when I build the twin turbo headers for my Turbonetics dual ball bearing 76's on the LS7 headed LSX for my '67 Camaro.

:D

Wait till you see the 6.7 intake Dave (passanger) has built, will have pics and some dyno numbers later this week.

Malcolm

The transition inside the flange for the LS7 'D' shape exhaust port is very trick. :bow:

I'll have to remember that when I build the twin turbo headers for my Turbonetics dual ball bearing 76's on the LS7 headed LSX for my '67 Camaro.

:D

I was hoping someone would notice that, along with the locating step I cut in there to fit the tube into the flange.

Wait till you see the 6.7 intake Dave (passanger) has built, will have pics and some dyno numbers later this week.

Malcolm

Malcolm, I can't wait!:woohoo:

I was hoping someone would notice that, along with the locating step I cut in there to fit the tube into the flange.

Yeah, I noticed the Sock-O-Let style locating register. I was also wondering how much clearance you left between the end of the tubing and the bottom of the recess. That is, if you just welded the tubing to the flange externally, without backwelding.

Here in the refinaries with the typical high heat service stainless, we have to leave quite a bit of clearance in a situation like that. I realize it isn't much of a tail (maybe 1/8"?), but it still grows! This particular client has had some serious failures due to this same issue in the past. Our QC Department has to stay on top of this 24/7.

Again, sick ass work with the stainless. Let's see some turbo setups. :charger:

:bow::bow::bow:. Pure sex in fabrication. I've got some buddies who'll love seeing this. Very very nice work.

near as I can figure, 200 hrs at my hourly rate would be $11,000......... and that dude's work is worth way more than mine so either way thats expensive a$$ exhaust but I suppose someone who wants stuff done right is willing to pay what it takes. Awesome work man, love it.

I didn't bill all my hours on that job, didn't really make any money, but it was still 5 figures. There is a lot of dollars in parts there.

ya, I figured the parts bill was pretty good size, where do you get those sanitary clamps? I've already thought of a dozen uses for those.

Back