Dmitri 1580rwhp Uncorrected...

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I'm sure Mr. Fancy pants would like me to post the big correction factor numbers, but for CompD's sake, and the sake of endless arguing, I uncorrected them. :rules:

Very impressive on a unloaded, small roller Dynojet, at 5,400 feet DA. Can't wait to see what it does when it's turned up! Congrats buddy!

He said 1.15, which sounds about right. I was most impressed by the fact that number was on a small roller unloaded dyno. I know plenty of people who complain they couldn't get solid numbers with 70-ish mm chargers, much less ginormous compounds.

He said 1.15, which sounds about right. I was most impressed by the fact that number was on a small roller unloaded dyno. I know plenty of people who complain they couldn't get solid numbers with 70-ish mm chargers, much less ginormous compounds.

What are the specs? All I've heard is the primary is a big precision unit

I'll let him say if he wants to. It's big. I have to hand it to him for making a wild turbo/cp3 combo work. Too bad his accomplishments are always clouded with controversy.

It's not that hard in OD and 3.42's to load up good on brakes alone.

His turbo setup is a Precision 118mm blowing through a precision water/air cooler then compounded with a second precision built turbo (looked like a promod 88) then into the motor. 5 cp3's, 3 of which are belt driven by a single 7 rib serpentine belt (probably needs a bigger belt to be reliable).

Outstanding Regardless!

I've not followed him in a while. Guess I missed that new setup. Sounds crazy.

Never shook the man's hand, don't think i have crossed paths online. Just seen his video's on YT. With that being said, he seems less interested in pushing the boundaries of the sport and more how much of conventional wisdom can a shove down the throat of a Dmax and make it hold. Seen drive shafts spit out, turbos go up like bombs, and even heard of a cracked block just before the Gauntlet challenge. Was this last one a belt failure as well?

If you are spending this much time and money (yours or not), why not spend a little more time in the research department and try to see how effectively and reliably you can squeeze out the power. If you put the money in parts you left on the ground at a dyno comp and put it into research and development, you might be surprised at what you can do and hold together for a track pass.

But then again i am just a dumb redneck from canada sitting on a keyboard sipping a Pilsner. take it for what you will.

He said he is coming to our dyno event this weekend. We will have custom auto's mobile dyno which I think is a superflow and our dyno which is a load cell dyno jet. I'll be running my race truck fuel only with just 2xcp3 and one lift pump (old school) and there should be more than a hand full of other 1000HP trucks. This should be a good comparison. We will run all the big HP trucks on the same dyno. I've been playing at the track, so comparing my MPH, weight and the HP should give a good real world base line.

I'm looking forward to seeing his set-up and dyno run.

He said he is coming to our dyno event this weekend. We will have custom auto's mobile dyno which I think is a superflow and our dyno which is a load cell dyno jet. I'll be running my race truck fuel only with just 2xcp3 and one lift pump (old school) and there should be more than a hand full of other 1000HP trucks. This should be a good comparison. We will run all the big HP trucks on the same dyno. I've been playing at the track, so comparing my MPH, weight and the HP should give a good real world base line.

I would really like to see from footage from that!

Bummer I'm going to miss that one. I'll be curious to see what your "old school" setup does. Dmitri still has some work to do on getting down the dragstrip, I think a big problem has to do with the fact that if the truck spins at all in First Gear, then the Allison freaks out and defuels big time. His 155mph trap speed in Overkill at the Super Diesel Shootout a year or so ago was pretty good though, that truck's heavy for a Pro Street rig.

Last week I dyno'd 1320HP on a base tune on our dyno. The next day I went to the track with it weighing 6050lbs with me. It ran 146.8MPH. I think our dyno is fairly close according to those numbers. I'll be dynoing on Custom Auto's dyno this time and will then compare those numbers to track MPH. Should be a good test.

Last edited:
Back