800hp 7.3 turbo'd idi

No idea what kind of HP Zane's white truck is laying down.. but running in the 10's in a 4x4.. has to be close??

No idea what kind of HP Zane's white truck is laying down.. but running in the 10's in a 4x4.. has to be close??

But Zane runs a Powerstroke, not even the same design as an IDI.

Anyone have that vid up yet? I wanna see that thing.

See.. shows what I know about the 7.3.. haha... I forgot that the IDI were the early 7.3's...
Bryan

:thankyou2:
I am afraid some of you will have to eat crow. When I dig up the info and vids. I will post them, but a guy about 10 years ago had a 7.3 idi in a Ford F100 running high 9's and was making over 800hp. BTW I have seen the video and I also know that Hypermax built the motor.:kick::hehe:

Don't belive a 7.3L cam make power :eek:wned:

Back when this truck ran it was before there where quick diesels.

Yea you are right. This truck here. 1200HP IDI ran 9sec. Boost was close to 147PSI. He had trouble keeping the freeze plugs in it.

It was a 7.3L IDI running a 6.9L crank dropped the compression to 9-1 started with the aide of lot's of either.

http://www.diesel-central.com/forums/default.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=270

Ad_60_1.jpg

Last edited:
That link is from six years ago, wow. Any vids of that beast lurking around on the net?

I'd like to see it. Use to have one of those things and it really couldn't get out of its own way. Thats if it would start in the morning.

hey six leaker do you or does anyone know who built this truck?

No I do not know who built it.

I know this all happened about 9-10 years ago. They got a few runs out of the truck and where having a lot of trouble with the block flexing to much. Freeze plugs kept wobbling out.

Not sure what ever happened to the truck in the end.

It's was a lot like what Ben Miller did with his PSD.

I like how he said it had "stock injectors" that were just bored out LOL If you "bore" them out their not stock anymore.....

That guy must have done something with the pre-combustion chambers. There's no way they could survive under those conditions. They would either melt away or blow clean out of the head!:ft: It would be neat while it lasted though.:drive:

WOW, I should drop off my old gal & see what they would do to it.......or just cheat & swap in a Cummins & be done with it. :D

Ken was mentioned earlier in here, he had an IDI put down 670 I believe in a pull truck before the main caps departed the motor.

i remember back wen the forums worked on the dps site there was all kinds of stuff about high hp 6.9 think ken said that he couldnt keep the blocks together past 800hp any one got more info on that truck running 9's?

WOW, I should drop off my old gal & see what they would do to it.......or just cheat & swap in a Cummins & be done with it. :D

Your second option

would be your best bet.. Im wanting to do the same with a truck similar to yours..

Ive searched the net for videos, havent found any yet..

Rick

Back