What is the difference.....

I have some questions and it seems like you guys know what your talking about. First does a 275 hp truck dt466 have bigger injectors or is it all in the pump compared to a 210 hp version? Does anyone know what the stock mw pump can push hp wise? And how much would a dt466 gain from going to say a 66mm turbo with the stock pump all the way up. I have a 210 hp version in a bus with the mw pump turned all the way up (country concert camping rig) and it seems like it would see huge gains just going to a different turbo since the stock one is tiny. These are just some questions i have had since i want to put one in a truck and kinda would like to know how much cheap power i can get. Thanks

The difference is pump and timing. But, I've never seen a mechanical DT with a factory 275. DT466E's maybe. But, the difference there will be programing.

I've heard you can get up to 600HP with the MW pumps, but Columbus and Scheid both said they are harder to modifiy and are less reliable than the P-pump. Sure, a better turbo will help. But, I'm just getting into these DT's and still learning myself.

Heath

It seems like with the amount of fuel our bus seems to put out a 62mm to 66mm turbo would sure help. Its hard to say what these motors will spool and still be driveable tho

Im going to bump this back up....Too much good info to keep hidden!!!

Hows the swap going?????? Im auctually geting somewhere on mine...Enough to be looking for engines!!!

F106 is sitting in the back of my DD right now just waiting to get welded into the frame, then I want to get the engine and trans set in so I can start mounting the bosy so it might move under its own power!!!!

Once I get the rear welded in, Ill start posting pictures...not very interesting looking at parts laying around!

Nothing new from my side. Still grinding away at work and on my 6.9 IDI rebuild. Hope to buy the larger top charger for the twin setup in a month or so. Slow progress for sure.

Heath

Back