SSR beta testers...lets talk

OK...here's where I'm at:

LL TM 15
HL TM 28
LL RP 00
HL RP 00
LL DUR 20
HL DUR 32

If those look familiar to anyone...they are a carbon copy of Big Swole's latest posted #'s in the SSR thread minus the RP #'s.
I picked his because our motor mods are very close to each other...and I had to start somewhere.

Spool was as good or better than TNT-R, pulled harder to the butt dyno up high, still cleared up all the smoke at WOT ( gonna add more duration), in general felt really strong. That was my first time playing with 4K RPM tuning....it makes new noises up that high. LOL
The only thing I noticed, and I decided to use my MP8 for RP on this first shot, is that if I rip it straight to 100% below about 40psi it'll surge like a mother....if I ease it up to 100% it doesn't do it.
Any thoughts on that?
Oh yea...picked up about 3-4psi with those settings.

Anyway...that's where I started. I called Relentless Diesel this afternoon about some dyno time....looks like they have plenty of time next week....hoping I can clear out an afternoon late in the week to run up there.

I called Relentless Diesel this afternoon about some dyno time....looks like they have plenty of time next week....hoping I can clear out an afternoon late in the week to run up there.

Well I guess I'll have to swing by when you go up there. Chris' shop is 2 miles from my house:rockwoot:

tq 2
timing low load 30
timing high load 36

rail low 1
rail high 15

duration low 20
duration high 25

This is what raj sent me. For his 200s, SB66 and single pump

Wow...with all the beta units out there with months of testing done I guess I expected more discussion about this.

Could be...but there's still quite a few SSR beta testers out and about. I guess I figured they'd chime in on what they'd learned to date.

I would love to get the SSR! If I had it I would definitely post the results for people to see how much better this program is (hopefully its that much better). I have contacted Bob about new tuning but he has yet to get back with me. I would have loved to have the SSR with the setup my old megacab had!

Let me know if anyone has any wierd defueling type of feeling in between shifts...esp. the 3-4 shift...

I do remember having a weird issue like this but It was also before I had TCDiesel change my modded PRV...

Just wondering if it was just my truck...

I think I just need to try a complete new / used VIRGIN ECM at this point...Anybody have one??

I saw EGT's up by about 150*
Don't know whether to attribute that to the extra fuel from HL duration or maybe I need to feed it some more HL timing.
Lotsa playing to do yet....

I saw EGT's up by about 150*
Don't know whether to attribute that to the extra fuel from HL duration or maybe I need to feed it some more HL timing.
Lotsa playing to do yet....

Comon Rich...Grow a set... Run that HL Timing up into the 40's!!

LOL

j/k....

Let me know if anyone has any wierd defueling type of feeling in between shifts...esp. the 3-4 shift...

I do remember having a weird issue like this but It was also before I had TCDiesel change my modded PRV...

Just wondering if it was just my truck...

I think I just need to try a complete new / used VIRGIN ECM at this point...Anybody have one??

I have the same thing. I don't think it's really a defueling issue, but I think is actually switching between the low level and high level fueling. Then once the RPM picks back up a little it switches back to the high level. (note: everyplace it says "I think", means I'm guessing!). My 05 shifts at 3200rpm, and the rpm drops to about 2700 (these are rough).

I have a little different settings in the truck right now. I just need a chance to check it to see if it makes things better.

Paul

just a non ssr users hunch, but the greater the difference in HL & LL might make what you feel noticeable or not swole.......

I have the same thing. I don't think it's really a defueling issue, but I think is actually switching between the low level and high level fueling. Then once the RPM picks back up a little it switches back to the high level. (note: everyplace it says "I think", means I'm guessing!). My 05 shifts at 3200rpm, and the rpm drops to about 2700 (these are rough).

I have a little different settings in the truck right now. I just need a chance to check it to see if it makes things better.

Paul

Wow! I'm glad to know it may not just be my truck..

You could be right.. I didn't really pay attention to the shift points / rpm's, but that could totally be it...

My SOPM tells me that there is some loss there until it catches up...

Hope Marco can shed some light...

Has anyone notices this on a dyno? I doubt it would show up since the drag is less...

Hmmm....

just a non ssr users hunch, but the greater the difference in HL & LL might make what you feel noticeable or not swole.......

Yes, When they are far apart like that you will feel it....

Sometimes its a drastic diff. and others, not so much.. Just depends on throttle input at the time...

I wonder how much adding RP exaggerates the jump y'all are feeling. I feel virtually nothing using no added RP.

I have a feeling that there might be a few folks out there that may have a few possible issues, but are afraid to post up in fear of upsetting Marco or Bob...

I would think they'd rather hear from us to see if there is a real issue or not...

Maybe pm's would be better... either way, we need to give feed back.

Last edited:
The only negative I saw so far was that surging but I doubt I've ever hit my chargers with that much fuel all at once. I forgot that when I hit the throttle it downshifted right as I cranked the MP8. I was just on the fine line where sometimes it pulls through the gear and sometimes it downshifts.
Not an SSR issue...just a learning curve on what not to do with a pressure box.

Last edited:
Back