Farm built 1st gen drag truck

3d44bfc97dbe111486f53beafd4beebd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When I am not on my stupid laptop that restricts photobucket I'll post a pic of my 97....it's this ones son. LOL

20170212_172738_zps123nvrap.jpg

Very nice build you have going here. The new engine sounds like it should be pretty stout. Where about in Western Iowa are you?

Thank you!! I'm really hoping that it will be stout and as reliable as a performance engine could possibly be. I live about an hour south of Sioux City

Sweet truck but it looks like it could be lighter, 1st Gen's need all the help they can get! Ponci's daughter went 11.70's I think? HP wasn't crazy, like 470, but the truck was really well set up. Injector size makes a huge difference in pump flow, so make sure they're appropriate (5x18-5x25) when testing your pump. My 14mm made 366cc and STOMP's made 370, so if you can get anywhere near there with a 12mm I'll be extremely impressed.

Thank you!
It's loosing weight every where It can and still be streetable, too many good times have been had to commit it fully to a race vehicle, nothing more than some after work cruises and weekend action though. which has added a level of complexity to things. But nonetheless itll get there.

Ponci's daughters truck is a MONSTER I love that thing.

The injection pump is the big variable in the equation. Its going to be little while yet before the new pump parts get finished up, so for now im gonna use the 12mm pump that i've tinkered with a little bit. I just want to get out on the track start making some passes and having a little fun for awhile. That'll get my engine broken in and then I can add some fuel to the mix!

Sooo I got a wild hair and after a short but productive chat with Drew at D&J Precision Machine, Decided to make a little change in the pistons department. Im going to have them build me a set of their FSR pistons for my rig! Overkill for now but ill be needing them before long.

1fb5e2f46988b17cd4b7ffdfd35a697b.jpg

My seats showed up over the weekend and did a little test fitting this morning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gonna have to go ahead and jump in on this one for updates.

My son went 13.30's with a 14MM rockentech, hazy 5x18's, 5500lb first gen, 47rh, hx35over HT3B. He ran in 2wd as we were not sure how much the dana44 front would hold. We later boosted to 20psi in the mud with it on launches so we may head back to the drag strip with the little truck sometime and see how it does in 4x4.

The VE just won't fuel enough at higher rpms. Plan on making all your power from 2000 to 4000rpm and you will be fine.

What xfer case do you plan to run?

I love the truck by the way!!!

Drivetrain

I had a factory Dana 60 front and ran 29 spline 205 behind my 47re and launched at around 28psi without any issues.

My son went 13.30's with a 14MM rockentech, hazy 5x18's, 5500lb first gen, 47rh, hx35over HT3B. He ran in 2wd as we were not sure how much the dana44 front would hold. We later boosted to 20psi in the mud with it on launches so we may head back to the drag strip with the little truck sometime and see how it does in 4x4.

The VE just won't fuel enough at higher rpms. Plan on making all your power from 2000 to 4000rpm and you will be fine.

What was your mph? Seems like you could be low 12s with that setup. But not launching in 4 explains that I suppose.

:what: !?

Back