Farm built 1st gen drag truck

What was your mph? Seems like you could be low 12s with that setup. But not launching in 4 explains that I suppose.

Not sure on MPH. We thought the thing should go a little quicker as well. We were then, as we are now, learning. A good boosted launch could have knocked tenths off that ET easy.

Someone needs to let me in on a little bit of this secrete squirrel stuff and maybe we'll get a little VE competitor going. lol

Well I didn't want it to come to this but I came across a deal too good to pass up on a p7100 so it's here now. Feel like I'm letting myself down a little by making the switch. but realistically now I can really get serious about going fast. Top notch components with a ve pump behind them seems to be a bit of a waste.
e8626c1bff035d2cafb65c8c309d7b92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well I didn't want it to come to this but I came across a deal too good to pass up on a p7100 so it's here now. Feel like I'm letting myself down a little by making the switch. but realistically now I can really get serious about going fast. Top notch components with a ve pump behind them seems to be a bit of a waste.

I just dropped this honey off at the pump shop should have it back in a few weeks. Main thing is the lead time for a cam. So back to waiting again.

BOOOO.....

It was the wise decision. Selling the VE!?

I'll second that. Also, P-pumps will make you spend lots more money. lol
Ummm yeah no doubt there it has escalated VERY VERY rapidly. It's a turned into something pretty insane. Hopefully using quality components and taking the time to engine dyno it will yield something that can be driven to go get a gallon of milk and loaf of bread as well as punch me into a high 9 second quarter.

Hopefully mother nature and the farm markets cooperate to speed this build up exponentially. Lol

BOOOO.....

It was the wise decision. Selling the VE!?

It feels wrong swapping pumps on this thing but unfortunately I need to get this engine build going. I've been staunchly against putting a p pump on.

I don't think so. Will probably throw it on an engine for a tow rig/daily. I need something else sense this thing is torn down lol

Last edited:
Traitor.

I suppose you'll need a set of these now because race truck. You spend my money, I spend your money.

Welcome!

34b640adf870e7886154986715308ffe.jpg

Not made specifically for 1st gens. 67-70 Mopar B-body. While at the Mopar show in Vegas over the weekend, I noticed a lot of resemblance when I saw the factory hinges in a '68 Charger. Then came across a few B-body cars with these billet hinges assisted by a lifting strut.

A quick Google search pointed me to Eddie Motorsports and Ring Bros. There's another company making them but I forget who it is.

Turns out, Eddie Motorsports is local to me so I took my factory hinges as a comparison. Everything matched... geometry, bolt patterns. I bought these as a trial for fitment and functionality. If they work, I'll exchange them for a coated set.

ed5a7d369c7688fb8403aaaa1a42fd37.jpg

Last edited:
Not made specifically for 1st gens. 67-70 Mopar B-body. While at the Mopar show in Vegas over the weekend, I noticed a lot of resemblance when I saw the factory hinges in a '68 Charger. Then came across a few B-body cars with these billet hinges assisted by a lifting strut.

A quick Google search pointed me to Eddie Motorsports and Ring Bros. There's another company making them but I forget who it is.

Turns out, Eddie Motorsports is local to me so I took my factory hinges as a comparison. Everything matched... geometry, bolt patterns. I bought these as a trial for fitment and functionality. If they work, I'll exchange them for a coated set.

ed5a7d369c7688fb8403aaaa1a42fd37.jpg

THAT^^^^ is just plain bad a$$ right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back