2nd Annual NHRDA World Finals, Topeka Kansas Sept. 10th, 2011

i say drags only...

yall should try to get hot rod magazine to come out to the track a day early. that would be sweet.

i say drags only...

yall should try to get hot rod magazine to come out to the track a day early. that would be sweet.

I would like to see Hot Rod add a diesel class to try and get some of the guys who will already be in town to join in on Drag week. I am sure there will be a few of us anyway.

A sled pull would be nice but I don't know if it is necessary for the weekend to go wel. I would need a bigger trailer to bring the puller and drag truck for the weekend.

hot rod gives trophys for fastest diesel and fastest 6 cylinder. daily driver class is a 10.80 index. if i can come up with the funds to drive 2000miles and hotels for 5 nights, i might do it.

now accepting sponsors. lol

hot rod gives trophys for fastest diesel and fastest 6 cylinder. daily driver class is a 10.80 index. if i can come up with the funds to drive 2000miles and hotels for 5 nights, i might do it.

now accepting sponsors. lol

You are correct. I missed the fastest diesel and fastest 6cly at the bottom of the rules page. I don't expect to be either, so it isn't a big deal.

I already have vacation in for the world finals and drag week. Should be a fun week.

i really want to do drag week, but the fuel and hotel costs would kill me. and the dually doesnt have cruise control...lol

I think when you do pulls the same day of drag racing the racing gets rushed along to make sure it doesn't run late and makes it less enjoyable for the competitors....

World-Finals-Web.jpg

Hey Travis what are you trying to run this year, 11.5 isn't bad I will strive to get to the mid 11's this year

Sled pulls sure seem to add to the spectator base, I'm all for it as long as nothing is rushed on the racing side.

The NHRDA World Finals Hotel Information

Holiday Inn Holidome
605 SW Fairlawn Road Topeka KS 66606
PHONE: (785) 272-8040 FAX: (785) 272-8762
EMAIL: sales@topekaholidome.com
WEB: http://www.topekaholidome.com

You can reserve your room online or by phone with the group code HRD to get your discounted room rate of $89 for a room with one King bed or two Queen beds. The NHRDA Annual Awards Banquet will be in the Conference Room at this same Hotel following the World Finals. Make your reservations early if you plan on attending to make sure you get our special group rate. The hotel has an on-site restaurant, and a swimming pool with waterside.

I was at the nhrda event in ennis tx and at the drivers meeting they made it sound like they wanted to put on a big show at the world finals and they would let any diesel that showed up race....I was at the world finals last year and they had now where near 576 trucks like the flyer said was invited....Sure would make a better show if they would open it up to all....You wouldnt win the division if it was your only race but you could still race....This race is close to home and would love to see a big turnout so it will stay at topeka

World final points don't determine division champ. I could see where people would be bothered if someone that didn't compete all year just come in and win the finals. I could see if they raced an event tho.

Back