2nd Annual NHRDA World Finals, Topeka Kansas Sept. 10th, 2011

I laugh everytime I see you red light or beat your self on the top end. Man, I've been laughing a ton this year...I think the only win you have is from a coin toss isn't it?

THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARKbif As far as getting enough points to qualify in Division 6, I know they don't have the Calgary points up yet, but I'd be willing to bet one or two round wins at Edmonton would put you in the top 16, besides there will be a lot qualified racers who don't go to Topeka. I am guessing if you show up and even eliminated in first round that you would still get an invite by the time the people who say they are not going declare their intentions.

Not sure where the event was that didn't try to accommodate people running in two classes, they usually try to get those guys to go first in the one class and last in the other to allow then as much time as possible. It does get a bit crazy toward the end but we have been able to pull it off in every event I've been to.

I laugh everytime I see you red light or beat your self on the top end. Man, I've been laughing a ton this year...I think the only win you have is from a coin toss isn't it?

Oh contrair, mon amie.... I won Sportsman ET in Brainerd (Division 3 CHAMPION) and made it to the finals last weekend in Calgary. I really hope you DO compete in Sportsman ET in Edmonton. Maybe we will be fortunate enough to be paired against each other. Giggle, Giggle, Giggle...........

Last edited:
THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARKbif As far as getting enough points to qualify in Division 6, I know they don't have the Calgary points up yet, but I'd be willing to bet one or two round wins at Edmonton would put you in the top 16, besides there will be a lot qualified racers who don't go to Topeka. I am guessing if you show up and even eliminated in first round that you would still get an invite by the time the people who say they are not going declare their intentions.

Just checked the points totals. It would take Rob at least 2 round wins to get into the top 16. With that being said - Sticks and Stones.........

By the way,

Rob is the current points leader in the following divisions/classes:

Division 1 - Super Diesel
Division 2 - Pro Street (tie with Harvey Grant)
Division 2 - Super Street

Rob has a commanding lead in Division 1, Super Diesel and, with the prospect of no further races being scheduled in Division 2, he will win the Super Street crown and share the Pro Street crown with Harvey Grant.

Jim

Just checked the points totals. It would take Rob at least 2 round wins to get into the top 16. With that being said - Sticks and Stones.........

I'll have to dust off the sportsman tree hat and put it on for the attempt. I will need to find a truck, as our tow truck is already going to be entered in ET with Monte driving.

pbft what truck do you have?

I'm the OLD guy but still not as old as SUBMAN631..... The truck is a 1997 Dodge with the Great White Racing shark decals.

Attachments

• IMG_7597.jpg
    IMG_7597.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LOL, you could be saying the same thing about me in NHRDA racing this year! I managed to win in Redding, but have had too many red-lights and top end brain farts this year! Funny thing is I usually win enough in diesel racing to subsidize my gasser racing, but this year it's the other way around!

As far as double classes, I was in two finals at Topeka last year, and also had a flat tire in the Pro Stock truck, and they managed to wait for us. In our case Chad (final round opponent in Pro Stock) refused to pull into the lanes until we were ready, but they were sure calling for us on the PA! I have run double finals at several big events, and it was only at the finals when things got tight.

We just about missed out on the eliminations trying to fix an injector Sunday morning of the finals. They weren't waiting on us that early in the day. LOL

I'll have to dust off the sportsman tree hat and put it on for the attempt. I will need to find a truck, as our tow truck is already going to be entered in ET with Monte driving.

I might know a truck. Normally I don't race the tow truck, but it might just be worth the risk to see it kick pbft's butt..............again.

:lolly:

:stab:

Bringing my step dads pusher motor home. Anyone know if we stay at the track overnight? on Friday and Saturday?

Bringing my step dads pusher motor home. Anyone know if we stay at the track overnight? on Friday and Saturday?

Yes we have camping for Competitor and team members and vendors for both friday and saturday nights

We dont have camping for spectators on site.

Yup, this will be my farthest trip of the last few years, but I enjoy road trips. I''m hoping to install my intercooler before this trip so I can enjoy it even more (i.e., not have to "drive by pyro" in the mountains).

Wondering if there is any spots open in the super diesel class, I`ve only entered one NHDRA race (edmonton) but want to run at this race, or is there a for sure bracket race for anyone to run in?

Back