Built motor 05 DMAX

Trojan366

trucks are slow
Hey Guys, I joined a while back then made a bit of a splash of few weeks ago by ragging on a few Cummins guys. Just did it to get my name out there lol. I just got my truck back from a fairly extensive motor build. I know there are guys that take it a lot further but I built my truck to handle my power goals.
Here is the list:
Carrillo Rods
Delipped stock pistons
Keyed crank and cam
Clevite heavy duty bearings
ARP head and main studs
ATI damper
BD Flexplate
All Balanced
Socal beehive valve springs
Socal billet injector hold downs
60% over Exergy injectors
Stock pump w/ LBZ regulator
All Seasons 3" EGR delete and Y Bridge
AFE Intake, mouthpiece and IC pipes
PPE intercooler
ProFab Stainless headers and uppipes
4094Avnt with a Danville billet wheel
Diamond Eye down pipe
5" MBRP (will be trying a single 6" soflo stack soon though)
Airdog 165
Charger and Header blankets from Levi @ Turbo Performance
ATI triple disc converter
Alto Clutches
Transgo JR shift kit.
All Seasons/Dirt Hooker Traction Bars
Sleeves and Cognito braces
Fox Shocks

Right now I am running an old tune from Trent @ EPR but next Saturday I will be making the trip to see Tony Martino @ Ridgerunner for some live moonshine. Hoping this puts me up near the 700 mark on fuel only

My goal is to run high 11s this summer on 31" M&H radials but the long term goal is to have Mark at Danville turn my charger into a 72mm and add a dual fueler setup from PPE. That should put me mid-low 11s and in the low 800 range.

I know this is a lot but its my first real post so I figured I would make it informative!

Sounds like you have a nasty truck being built! Can't wait to see some video footage of her running! Saw you are interested in getting the soflo 6" inch stack. I have the 7" and they are 1 hell of a nice stack kit and a great company to get stuff from... I highly recommend them!!!

Sounds like you have a nasty truck being built! Can't wait to see some video footage of her running! Saw you are interested in getting the soflo 6" inch stack. I have the 7" and they are 1 hell of a nice stack kit and a great company to get stuff from... I highly recommend them!!!

I actually have the stack in my basement. Its a 5" into 6" gloss black mitre. The thing is pretty sweet looking. Nice welds and the powder coat is flawless. I have to agree with you on the recomendation, they had my stack on a UPS truck 3 hours after I ordered it!

Also, I know on DD I can post pictures off of my computer but here they seem to need hyperlinks? What is the easiest way to post them??

Also should mention that I plan to do a Truetrac in the rear and will need to do a pump rub fix as well. Haven't had an issue yet but I know it could become one at any time. And I have the Alligator brake upgrade kit(slotted ssbc rotors, EBC pads, stainless braided lines) Doesn't seem like a major upgrade but it helps slow things down a whole lot faster than stock when you're running triple digits!

Just got the header blankets on and got my oil changed. Fender liners are back in and the motor is totally broken in and ready for some tuning! Its amazing how much quieter the valves are with the blankets and inner fenders in. I think the headers let a little more noise though than the manifolds did.

I actually have the stack in my basement. Its a 5" into 6" gloss black mitre. The thing is pretty sweet looking. Nice welds and the powder coat is flawless. I have to agree with you on the recomendation, they had my stack on a UPS truck 3 hours after I ordered it!

Ooo awesome even better! I have the 4" into 7" gloss black mitre as well and love it! Such a clean looking stack and way cheaper than the FTE kits...

Also, I know on DD I can post pictures off of my computer but here they seem to need hyperlinks? What is the easiest way to post them??

As far as uploading pics I was able to upload them pretty simply without any hyperlinks as far as I know... Just click on the manage attachments and then upload them from being saved on your computer...

Thanks man, not sure how I didn't see that myself!

Here is a couple pics. Nothing special but gives you and idea of what I'm workin with.

Attachments

• Marshvegas.jpg
    Marshvegas.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 0
  • onthe stand.jpg
    onthe stand.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SNK dmax.jpg
    SNK dmax.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
TLyons, I'm having a ball over on DF. I thought you might remember my truck lol

Man I just jumped on here this morning saw the name trojan and my mind started to remembering crap from yesterday... :hehe:

Then I saw the pics of your truck and it really hit me!

That is hilarious!!! :clap:

To trojan366. A very good friend of mine built his lly very similar to your build main difference being the charger. He was running a fpe 366 when he dynoed it at 830 sumthin iirc and I think he may have had 75 over injectors. So I'd say if your shooting for 700ish then your truck should be able do that with breaking a sweat, I would think.

I think my limiting factor will be the stock cp3. Once I have dual fuelers 700 should be a breeze and with the 72 it should make 800s without an issue.

Did I read that right? 800+ on a 66?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to say something but didn't want to start a pissing match. I guess fleece says its possible if the truck is way overfueled but its not the way I would choose to make my power.

That 800 might be a stretch though. You would need dual fuelers (or at least a big stroker pump) and a ton of supporting mods to make 800 on a 66. My goal is to make 800 on the hot tune and have a 700ish street tune that is clean.

Back