Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You would be improving it, not tampering

Chris

It doesn’t get any better than OEM, when whatever you have comes from the factory it can never be any better than that. Hear that all the time. Usually have to let those people spend a pile fixing things back to “factory spec” before they decide maybe there is a better way, liner protrusion comes to mind.

Last edited:
Put Kaiser in my truck. Expensive but seem to be working out. Does your axle need to be bushed? Did it run loose?

I did the Kaiser kit about 2 years ago but the driver side drawkey came loose? I'm not sure if that caused the problems after (kingpin became loose) or if it was installation error, or the axle needed bushed when I did it. I cleaned the **** out of the axle eye and used the "go, no go" tool in about 20 different spots top and bottom. The spindles were brand new. The pin dropped out way too easy yesterday which wasn't surprising given how bad that side was.

In other news it took me little over an hour to completely strip the axle down to nothing. Took more time taking the axle out.

I also found two s cams that the outer seal was blown. My fault. I think what happened is the grease gun stopped working well and they weren't getting the grease they needed. It would randomly lose prime but would sound like it was still pumping. Grit and water prevented the grease from migrating out between the slack and s-cam tunnel like it should. Ah well **** happens I hope the s-cams themselves are ok.

Could you even do that? Tampering with emissions equipment?

Not sure how the law is written in Canadastan, but down here the law is soo broad that even your old 60 series is considered illigal. Anything that alters output is considered tampering. Its more a matter of whats chosen to be enforced and what is most obvious has a better chance of getting flagged. Which tends to be on the discretion of the individual writtin the tickets

Not sure how the law is written in Canadastan, but down here the law is soo broad that even your old 60 series is considered illigal. Anything that alters output is considered tampering. Its more a matter of whats chosen to be enforced and what is most obvious has a better chance of getting flagged. Which tends to be on the discretion of the individual writtin the tickets
More a matter of what the low hanging fruit is in my opinion.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Saw this behind an old defunct mall in Florida. Doesnt look like uts been used in some time. I think theyre kinda rare???
If nothin else, flat glass, doors, hood ect ect ect

Attachments

• 20200208_164138_HDR.jpg
    20200208_164138_HDR.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 0
Saw this behind an old defunct mall in Florida. Doesnt look like uts been used in some time. I think theyre kinda rare???

Why are you behind an old mall in FL? Looking for truckers to make some cash with those soft hands?

007 truck, first of the extended hood in the B's. Klos in Australia built a beautiful one
e4edd501cad427037086bcf57f3e0b3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

oYGOnes.jpg

Top right by the orange mark is the pressure sensor. They fail at a high rate. When they fail the weep hole leads directly into the compartment shown. It does not leak to atmosphere. There is no weep hole in this compartment. You can see the traces of DEF everywhere. Now look at the bottom left. Thats where the plug is. So the compartment starts filling with DEF and its only outlet is the wiring harness. Its literally pressurizing the DEF into the harness.

But wait, theres more.

After the DEF enters the harness what is going to stop it? So now the DEF harness - or whatever it is called - is ruined but the DEF keeps going to the main harness contaminating and destroying it as well. At this point a simple sensor failure has caused $10,000 in damage!

But wait, theres more.

It didnt happen in this case but the DEF can even make its way into the ACM. My guess is if that happened it would be an additional $5,000.

Someone needs to redesign and recall this system. It has a cascade of engineering flaws that lead to cascading failures.
Scania got fed up with DEF problems using Bosch hardware, they designed their own. (With Cummins ?) Not much problems after that.

I think there was 140 of them made.
Friend of mine sent me this a few days ago. Took a little over 2 years to rebuild. Claims it’s the 2nd one ever built.
Runs from Plainview Tx to somewhere in Arizona.
Love how they painted the walking floor to match.

Attachments

• A63EE82B-BB77-4722-8525-9715150A41AB.jpeg
    A63EE82B-BB77-4722-8525-9715150A41AB.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 8DFE44AC-C489-4B83-8DC8-BE99F77BE31E.jpeg
    8DFE44AC-C489-4B83-8DC8-BE99F77BE31E.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 0
007 truck, first of the extended hood in the B's. Klos in Australia built a beautiful one
e4edd501cad427037086bcf57f3e0b3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

While the cab likely says B model that would technically be the earlier L model hoods as they don’t have the wide grill of the B models.

rig wrench what mall....im gonna go get that

Dezerland i think? Took a ride over, was supposed to be an auto meuseum there. Saw some cars inside through the glass but it wasnt open. Place loomed pretty rough for such a busy area. Had a movie theatre and a bass pro shop still functioning. Not much else

Dezerland i think? Took a ride over, was supposed to be an auto meuseum there. Saw some cars inside through the glass but it wasnt open. Place loomed pretty rough for such a busy area. Had a movie theatre and a bass pro shop still functioning. Not much else

I’d love to get my hands on one of them. Definitely my favorite style of standup sleeper.

I actually had to go to work and my truck said forget it as I was leaving the house, so to Arizona I went in the other one.

7c75e26b7df1c717b2342edc466be974.jpg
f5265de146c017935ff3d06abe411777.jpg
bf89d43320784187e7777b6c5caad861.jpg
42418b42d27b0aba0e860e2c4d76cb08.jpg
d38d4010e7790a2b1f3b22d42e4470b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back