Truckers, lets see your rigs!

It’s just a Freightliner, but I kinda like it.

Attachments

• B32E83D5-E48A-4796-9ACA-275303E81BD7.jpg
    B32E83D5-E48A-4796-9ACA-275303E81BD7.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
And has a tag instead of dual drives right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea that’s not a still pic he posted. It’s a video and he’s just stuck. Tire killers.

Because that’s what I mostly pulled 20yrs ago. Too much back and forth, waiting in lines and dust.

LOLLOL

Gotcha. The dust, and the mud everywhere sucks.

Wash it every week, and if it isn’t raining the mud at the first farm or elevator will trash it.

Last edited:
And has a tag instead of dual drives right?

Yes. Single leveling valve and can dump the tag independently of the drive.

Today was the first time it scared me. Turning around loaded at a mine in Tennessee after loading calcium and I spun out, on blacktop, that was covered with limestone dust and rain.
Tight, tight quarters with rocks and a drop off straight ahead, and trying to push the trailer uphill over a ridge.

As John said, you could kill tires with it. You can spin pretty easily on a wet road with an empty trailer

So it’s not a tag or no? Can you carry the tag when empty?

So it’s not a tag or no? Can you carry the tag when empty?

It’s a tag but doesn’t lift. You just dump the air on the tag to overload the drive axle to help with traction. One we had came with a 60/40 valve from factory that would help but didn’t work well. Ended up dumping the air completely but you only have a few seconds to get moving before the entire suspension is on the bump stops.

It’s a tag but doesn’t lift. You just dump the air on the tag to overload the drive axle to help with traction. One we had came with a 60/40 valve from factory that would help but didn’t work well. Ended up dumping the air completely but you only have a few seconds to get moving before the entire suspension is on the bump stops.

This. ^^^^

Also when you dump it it has a freewheel valve for the brakes on the tag axle.
Thanks to John for the advice and part numbers for the 2 way valve and freewheel valve.

I often dump the air on the tag when the road is wet, I’m empty, and on a hill.
Keeps it from spinning, or sliding. With air on both axles you can slid the drive with the jakes on if the road is wet.

Sounds hard to drive. Pulled my buddies cornhusker the other day, weighed 26500 hooked on my day cab fld120. I can’t tell there much lighter than tempte or Wilson.

Sounds hard to drive. Pulled my buddies cornhusker the other day, weighed 26500 hooked on my day cab fld120. I can’t tell there much lighter than tempte or Wilson.

Single toggle switch controls it. No harder than switching the jakes on or off. :)

48’x96”x75.5” spread axle, rear lift, all aluminum 22.5’s, and an electric tarp. Actual weight is 9,580 lbs.

I’d have to have it liftable for when I was empty.

I’d have to have it liftable for when I was empty.

I did a tag strictly to save weight. I leave it down most of the time. Only time I dump the air on it is if I’m empty and the road is wet.

Also, this configuration uses the same type of suspension for both axles. A liftable axle uses a completely different suspension, and I didn’t want that incase I really hated this setup.
As it currently is I could remove the tag, roll the current drive to the rear, add a normal power divider axle, and I’d have a typical twin screw configuration.

I see your point there.

Faulkner, your ears red today ? You're the talk of fb, today.
81e16da71f514ad71fb691d9660f1875.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was just fixing to comment on there and tell everyone the owner was a d1ck.

Back