Truckers, lets see your rigs!

That’s exactly what I said you ignorant phuk. You dump the air on the tag to overload the drive. Need to remember when you pull your head out of your butt to reply you should clean your glasses off.

These are issues I don’t have with a twin screw truck. Not to mention the tire wear, something you wouldn’t know about with your weak azz volvo that couldn’t pull a greasy needle out of a cats butt.

:lolly:

Why if it has a leveling valve ?
To get moving anywhere in winter we must have lifting tag or twinscrew with dump on reardrive. You over there just have no clue.

When I’ve got enough weight on the drives that I have 100psi in 4 airbags there is no way in the world 2 airbags are gonna support it if I dump the tag.

Tire wear is going to be an issue also if I don’t keep them rotated regularly.

This setup isn’t for everyone, and I sure wouldn’t try to act like it is, or convince people that it’s the best idea ever. I wanted to do it, and went into the project fully aware of the cons associated with it, and the realization that I might end up changing it.

For a little freight truck that stays on the pavement all the time, has minimal horsepower, and is never loaded like a real working truck, it would be just fine.
But on a working truck, that sees real loads, it definitely has some downsides.

Last edited:
Why if it has a leveling valve ?

To get moving anywhere in winter we must have lifting tag or twinscrew with dump on reardrive. You over there just have no clue.

Learn to drive. I dragged 140,000lbs down a bush trail with hummocks and narrow curves and hills with only 4 way lockers. It’s winter here FYI.

If you don’t understand that a loaded truck that loose half it’s airbags will hit the stops in short order than you shouldn’t be uttering the words “ you don’t have a clue” to anyone but yourself.

When I’ve got enough weight on the drives that I have 100psi in 4 airbags there is no way in the world 2 airbags are gonna support it if I dump the tag.

This setup isn’t for everyone, and I sure wouldn’t try to act like it is, or convince people that it’s the best idea ever. I wanted to do it, and went into the project fully aware of the cons associated with it, and the realization that I might end up changing it.

For a little freight truck that stays on the pavement all the time, has minimal horsepower, and is never loaded like a real working truck, it would be just fine.

The W9 we had like that pulled a gasoline tanker. Probably worked well for that for the original owner. Didn’t work well for us.

When I switched bags on my drives it went from lifting 474# per psi to 641# per psi. So at 32k on the drives (Michigan legal) I used to carry around 70psi, now it’s 50psi. My trailer with Intraax 300 with 3 bags per axle (same bags as my drives have now) it lifts 1000# per psi. If your trailer has intraax 250 and you put 300 bags it takes 10psi less to carry the same load.

The W9 we had like that pulled a gasoline tanker. Probably worked well for that for the original owner. Didn’t work well for us.

When I switched bags on my drives it went from lifting 474# per psi to 641# per psi. So at 32k on the drives (Michigan legal) I used to carry around 70psi, now it’s 50psi. My trailer with Intraax 300 with 3 bags per axle (same bags as my drives have now) it lifts 1000# per psi. If your trailer has intraax 250 and you put 300 bags it takes 10psi less to carry the same load.

So the 300 bags are a larger diameter?

Do they offer them in different lengths?

I had a related issue with what you are speaking about. I ordered my 53 flat Fontaine Revolution with a rear lift. The front axle had the leveling valve and the thing road like absolute ****. It was going through tires at an unusual rate too on the front axle.

Because of the lift axle, the axles have different suspensions (AANT and AANL). Because of that they have different bags. The rear was constantly carrying 2500 lbs more than the front! Factory sent new bags (I cant remember for the front or rear) and that solved the issue.

So the 300 bags are a larger diameter?

Do they offer them in different lengths?

Yea larger diameter than the 250. But for my truck I needed bags that had internal bump stops and mounted somewhat similar. I searched for weeks online looking at the drawings of different springs to find one that would work and was larger. Decided to just grab a spare intraax bag and try it.

I had a related issue with what you are speaking about. I ordered my 53 flat Fontaine Revolution with a rear lift. The front axle had the leveling valve and the thing road like absolute ****. It was going through tires at an unusual rate too on the front axle.

Because of the lift axle, the axles have different suspensions (AANT and AANL). Because of that they have different bags. The rear was constantly carrying 2500 lbs more than the front! Factory sent new bags (I cant remember for the front or rear) and that solved the issue.

Most people just use the underslung suspension on both axles instead of mixing them when they want to lift. My back two axles are the top mount and the front two are the underslung. If I ordered a new one today they would be all Intraax 300L. There is a few inches of tire clearance difference between the two different suspensions lifted.

Single drive axle with tag in the air can support over 20000 kgs and not drop to bump stops. Can even lift it higher but you dont have that option, well Volvos maybe, I dont know. We have higher hp factory engibes than you and heavier weights, no problem with tyre wear. Of course they wear faster than with lower torque engines. But over 68000 kg GCW we have to use twinscrew because some idiots thought it gives better grip in winter. Then first winter doubles were allowed they were stuck everywhere because they didnt have dump at the rear driving axle.

Single drive axle with tag in the air can support over 20000 kgs and not drop to bump stops. Can even lift it higher but you dont have that option, well Volvos maybe, I dont know. We have higher hp factory engibes than you and heavier weights, no problem with tyre wear. Of course they wear faster than with lower torque engines. But over 68000 kg GCW we have to use twinscrew because some idiots thought it gives better grip in winter. Then first winter doubles were allowed they were stuck everywhere because they didnt have dump at the rear driving axle.

So you’re saying you can lift 44,000 lbs on a single axle, with 2 air bags?
What diameter bags, and how much pressure?

Who said any of us run factory hp?

He probably can with European ayr suspension. It’s better than the US air version.

You realize he will disappear for a month then come back and ignore your question. That’s what happens when he gets called on his bs

yes, even more, something like 25000kg is maximum I think. Never measured diameter, pressure is 12 bars, some have more.
Last year in Norway one Volvo was stopped with its tag axle up and weighted, 21800 kg on drive axle. Driver said he didnt know it was up..
https://www.at.no/artikler/veide-21-8-tonn-pa-drivakslingen-br/455799

Last edited:
This was a pusher axle truck, they cant have as much drive axle weight because part of the weight is moved on front axle, not the best in winter.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1583869439243.jpg
    FB_IMG_1583869439243.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
God you’re stupid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back