New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

RockinJW

Anyone see the latest stuff released by Borg Warner at SEMA last week? New line-up comes with an all new compressor cover design with built in speed sensor and boost ports, along with a outlet that can be used as a hose connection, or cutoff to accept a v-band. 360-degree thrust washer is standard and they all use Forged Mill Wheels.

All new 66mm compressor has a lower surge line and more flow than the current S366 cast wheel. And they also introduced a 69mm wheel size that flows almost 100lbs-min.

Last edited:
69mm s300? If it's what I saw, these turbos look like a direct drop In for the second gen trucks
I do love the vband cover. It looks like it will be very user friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EFR has a ball bearing cartridge and Gamma-Ti turbine wheel. This S300sxe fills the gap between the current S300 and EFR stuff. Should be perfect for the diesel market.

Sounds like the EFR that they've had for quite a while.

Similar stuff. The EFR wheels and sizes were more gasser friendly and a little odd ball. These new s300 turbos just utilize the bells and whistles the EFR compressor covers had.

I see this line of chargers killing the sales for some popular performance companies who have their own "custom turbos".

edit: terrible wording

Last edited:
I wonder when these will be published with part numbers. I may have to hold off a bit to see what pops up

The S300 and S400 will have the same compressor housing design option as the current S500 with the combination discharge flange and speed sensor provision.

Sweet. I want a good cover for my 62. Looks like I found one

Pics of the S400 and 500 series that I took at SEMA
85e64b68ba3606232e5906652ef1e231.jpg
d05f264e7bacc5f13ca6547b77c05887.jpg

So will these better an larger 300 frames spool quicker on the trucks than the 400 frame since some guys are claiming 467s to spool as fast or faster than the old 366

So the smaller turbine housings for it...the .90 and the 1.00........are they twin scroll divided, or single scroll open volute?

They released the s400 cover last year at sema and it took 11 months to finally hit the market so i wouldnt get to worked up on the new s300. All they did was update the s300 cover and add a few more fmw sizes. I believe there is a update for the larger s300 turbine coming at some point. Its the same s300 chassis with some bolt ons so same turbines and exhaust housings.

Back