Time for some life in this forum :-)

Whitbread

I remade the thread because I forgot about the 15 minute edit rule here and wanted to change some stuff up. Anyway....

I don't post very often on here, but I browse around quite a bit and haven't seen much life in this forum lately. So I'm doing something about it :Cheer:

Although Dave (PASSENGER) just had to come on here and put us all to shame, I figured I'd put up a few pics from new and old projects for shiggles.
(Just kidding Dave, you know I have mad respect for your work. Just gotta give ya a hard time :p)

I run a small one man shop and mostly work on vw diesel stuff but end up working on all kinds of random stuff too. Upcoming project is a set of twins for a 02 24v with a HE351VE and a GT4202R. Should be a fun one.

Enough bs, onto the pics;

weldedvband.jpg

tip7.jpg

loudspldp.jpg

mk3exhaust-1.jpg

mk3dp2-1.jpg

mk3dp3.jpg

mk3dp5.jpg

GEDC0365.jpg

dpflange3.jpg

dp8.jpg

jeremysheaderwrapped.jpg

25to3shortdppolished.jpg

racepipe2.jpg

GEDC0376.jpg

GEDC0362.jpg

EGR compatible intake for a tdi
GEDC0357.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank1-2.jpg

Ramp for a front loader I built. 8' wide, 7' tall, 28' long.
ramp2.jpg

SSPX0007.jpg

GEDC0315.jpg

GEDC0310.jpg

GEDC0301.jpg

tomsheader2.jpg

dustinheader2.jpg

dustinheader1.jpg

Downpipe for turbo and header pictured above. 3" to 2.5" SS
dustindp.jpg

Rimcrusher I built for a junkyard
rimcrusher3-1.jpg

Everyone loves destruction :)
rimcrusher2-1.jpg

tank3-1.jpg

That's all I feel like uploading today. I'll snap some good ones of the project car I'm working on now for another day.

I don't think I do too bad for a 22 year old college kid working out of a 3 car garage. Weld on everyone :ylsuper:!

Had to make a very unusual part today. It's an air compressor pulley for a '70 Pete with a clatterpillar. The original pulley was stamped steel and rusted so thin that belt tention was causing it to flex like crazy and throw belts. Apparently, no parts places even had a listing for it anymore so I got the call.

Started as a 2" slice off a chunk of 6" round stock. 5 hours of manual machining later, I had this
GEDC0483.jpg

GEDC0487.jpg

Whew damn f those shenanigans. 5 hours ain't all that bad tho for a piece like that tho. What'd you charge them for it? If you don't mind me askin

Thats some sick Fab work on the TDI. Go twins. I wonder what power can be had out of one of them TDI's

Whew damn f those shenanigans. 5 hours ain't all that bad tho for a piece like that tho. What'd you charge them for it? If you don't mind me askin
Thanks. I worked in an old school machine shop for 2 years so I'm fairly proficient with manual stuff. Now a cnc, I have no idea how to even turn it on haha.

I charged them $350 for it. The trucking compay it was for spends an average of 3k a month with me, so I treat them accordingly.

The welds look awesome but why would one leave the EGR in place when it's so simple to eliminate?

Matt, you need to hurry and put that 6.7 turbo on that 24v!! Then I might have you do my commonrail!
Just pick up a 6.7 turbo and manifold from the classifieds here, grab a case of beer, and set aside a weekend :rockwoot: . It'll sound something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGDWAtN9jM&feature=related

The welds look awesome but why would one leave the EGR in place when it's so simple to eliminate?
:thankyou2: . Don't worry, the egr on that car is only hooked up for a couple hours every two years. The customer lives in a state where they have visual and obd emissions checks.

Just finished tacking this header together. Its for a vw tdi that should make about 230-250whp (starting with 90hp at the crank). Now probaly 12 hours of welding. Wohooooo.....

GEDC0528.jpg

Had to do some machine work on the exhaust housing for the turbo mounting to the manifold above. Milled the weird ball and socket flange off and bored the hole out to 2.5" to match the v band ring.

GEDC0467.jpg

Used Crown Alloys Royal 11-10 rod with tig to do the cast iron-stainless weld.
GEDC0468.jpg

beautiful welds nice to see another good tig welder out there i'm only 23 but been tigin since i was 18 lol but great fab work as well def keep at it!

Back