466 Performance ?'s

Sorry for the ignorance but what is the obs clip?

Tried googling and saw stuff about NBS and OBS stuff but never quite understood what they were doing.

Someone was telling me it would be easier to swap cabs onto a 93 IH chassis then to swap drivetrains into the f250.

Funny things is I was wanting to use the same year truck. (86 era)

I would rather have the look of a normal F250 then a F250 then sits on top of a huge chassis.

How low do you think your truck will be?

All the trucks I have seen are pulling trucks and they are all pretty tall. I was hoping for very small lift if I have to have one.

4x4 or 2wd?

Tried googling and saw stuff about NBS and OBS stuff but never quite understood what they were doing.

Someone was telling me it would be easier to swap cabs onto a 93 IH chassis then to swap drivetrains into the f250.

Funny things is I was wanting to use the same year truck. (86 era)

I would rather have the look of a normal F250 then a F250 then sits on top of a huge chassis.

All the trucks I have seen are pulling trucks and they are all pretty tall. I was hoping for very small lift if I have to have one.

4x4 or 2wd?

OBS is old body style and he is talking about (I think) front clip. The trucks that I have seen with a 466 have all been really custom body wise to fit that monster. But, with the right skilz and imaginatin I am sure it could be done without too much rise in the body. But I am sure you will be hacking the fire wall all up though.

Sorry, that's just a way to refer to the '92-'97 Ford truck body style. OBS (Old Body Style).

I would rather have the look of a normal F250 then a F250 then sits on top of a huge chassis.?
Whoever told you that is one of those guys that thinks if it's done half assed then it is just fine and dandy. It looks like garbage when it is done that way and has got to be the worst way to approach the project IMHO. See what I mean?:hehe:

:umno:

4x4 or 2wd?
It will be just as tall as it is now with the four inch suspension lift and two inch body lift. I'm not planning on changing the ride height, just the drivetrain. It is 4x4 with a Dana 60 conversion in the front.

Heath

Heath.... have seen those pics before and tried to see if the guy ever finished but he never responded from multiple pm's and replies to his build thread. I never liked the look of that truck because it just looks like a monster truck frame with a body sitting on top. Reminds me of a car I saw long time ago sitting on top of some tank tracks.

I have read a bit on others who had to move the firewall also to fit the "little," engine in there. SO I already guessed I would have to move it.

This is as tall as I would want to make my truck after the swap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OZqII-8Mnk&feature=related
Obviously I would level the suspension with the front but thats the look I will be going for.

I keep seeing 2000+ models for around $5000 also so I might just get a newer truck with the 5.4 and have the newer body style already.

Back